• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well dusted off the supra again to break it up ... ended up making a custom dash plate and making a "custom" shiter and trans tunnel modification as a cheap way of making the mk3 154 fit. all i really need now is a prop and a set of bloddy bolts to bolt the clutch cover down with and it will live again.

also fitted a new 14 psi spring in the wastgate and no boost controller so it not spike.

my mk3 prop arrived today, same lenth as the mk4 exactly and bolts straight up the mk4 rear half. BUUUUUUT id does not fit straight on the mk4 chassis. the baring is bigger and has a pice of metal that sticks out on an angle that stops it fitting between the pillars it bolts to. and the bracket attached to the mk3 prop is narrower than the mk4 so the holes dont line up.

edit , just swap the prop barings. durrrr

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

it liiiivs. today we fitted it all back together and afetr 5 months it fired on the first flip. i took it for a little test run and it swaps cogs nicely.

the clutch bite is rite at the bottom of the pedal so i think the clutch will need a bit of adjusting and the prop is rubbing on the gearbox dust cover oround the sline so this will need hitting with a hammer.

thinks left to do;

crate bumper quickrelase. ( i think im gointo weld some nuts on the car and just put some ugly bolts through it )

put interior back togehter ( whats left of it )

spray car .

set wastgate up ( new spring fitted )

and we should be good to thrash it again

why would you want to quick release the bumper, if its just for the track why not leave it off?

im glad you asked my boy

1.it has arodynamic purpose. no front bumber = lots of drag

2. the ducting guides air throuigh the intercoooler and brake cooling ducts

3. if you run without a front bumper the air pushes the arch lines back against the wheels and the wear away

4. and most importantly.... it looks GASH!

yea and that.

well the car is on stands for it new paint job tomorrwo. litterally minuets of prepping so should be a good job. we are going all black . did a fe shake down bits today. only issue i have left is the prop rubbing on the box. actuyall had a small fire because of it. im going to try and slide the pop back a small bit after its painted and see if that cures it