The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mr hyde. na-t budgit track supra

dr_jekyll

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so , the story.

ryan has set a safe 0.5 bar map for now at about 370hp . ill run the next round of the tss as it is and then ill slap in some 680s and a big pump and get it back for mapping again. its be good to give the engine a good run on low boost anyways.

so considering the engine survives round 3 and a trackday i think we are looking good for the 500

Guest wantthatone

went over the bridge today to see craig, my god supras and engines everywhere! thanks for your help today matey, try and enjoy your holiday next week! your car will get there mate....

i just drove it home and it felt crap. i know it need more fuel pressue and bigger injectors , that will mean a better ecu and another mapping session and thats all going to mount up in cost and to be honest my hearts set on a 1uz anyway so im thinkin ill just kill this one now and keep the money for the v8. . then ill think about turboing that :)

Guest wantthatone

ah man, come on craig! just a b;ip mate. i could see the other day you were wound up, just take a few days away, & then see what happens..

i just drove it home and it felt crap. i know it need more fuel pressue and bigger injectors , that will mean a better ecu and another mapping session and thats all going to mount up in cost and to be honest my hearts set on a 1uz anyway so im thinkin ill just kill this one now and keep the money for the v8. . then ill think about turboing that :)

Save yourself a load of agro and buy mine, its mint and everything you need.

Save yourself a load of agro and buy mine, its mint and everything you need.

the fact that its mint and already done means itle be worth more than my pockets can strach too, i would really love it though. but then im thinking in tearms of a track car and it would be wrong to tear that thing apart.

still i ahve a few na s and a jag i could sell so pm me a price who knows if i can shift them all

i did a comp test when got it back from hammering it from surrey . theya have come up slighly. i had

1 148

2 156

3 155

4 160

5 150

6 160

so compression is ok and rising as i thaught .

im sat on the train clearing my mind and weighing up my options at the moment. being more logical today might go whith it a bit further who knows. if i do itle be just a pump and fpr to get the best of the 550s as 660s will be to big for the emb and im not buying another ecu im sure itl make 450 on the 550s and thatl do until i blow it up.

I dont know if you have e85 anywhere near where you live but @ clubna-t everyone seems to be running their stock compression NA-T on e85 as they wont need

to swap the headgasket till 16 psi ish as e85 does not detonate as early as 98 Ron does.

Luckily thers an e85 pump 2km from my house so ill go this route ^^

just my 2ct tho

GL on your further build V8 or Na-T.

hold the phone... im back , clear minded and seeing straigh again.

i have made a descision...............................

i will not give up on this. i will make cheap power for the masses. thats why i do these things, i make the mistakes and have the agro so you dont have to.

so hears whats going to happen

1. im going to ibiza for a week :cool:

2. im going to put in the bigger pum

3.im going to fit and adjustable FPR

4. ill leave the 550s in as i dont think the emb can handle bigger

5 it will be remapped to the best of the 550s capabilities and that will be it. ......

until i sell these cars

then ill buy a standalone ecu like a haltech or suchlikes. add some 750s and go for gold :)

the v8 is out as im taking a different view on thigs , i can buy 2jzges for pennies as and when , they fit straight in with no adaptor plates or complex wireing. and i wont have to mess with the steering weighing ect. so i will make this work.

who knows in 20 years i might have the world most awsome na-t... but probably not :)

hold the phone... im back , clear minded and seeing straigh again.

i have made a descision...............................

i will not give up on this. i will make cheap power for the masses. thats why i do these things, i make the mistakes and have the agro so you dont have to.

so hears whats going to happen

1. im going to ibiza for a week :cool:

2. im going to put in the bigger pum

3.im going to fit and adjustable FPR

4. ill leave the 550s in as i dont think the emb can handle bigger

5 it will be remapped to the best of the 550s capabilities and that will be it. ......

until i sell these cars

then ill buy a standalone ecu like a haltech or suchlikes. add some 750s and go for gold :)

the v8 is out as im taking a different view on thigs , i can buy 2jzges for pennies as and when , they fit straight in with no adaptor plates or complex wireing. and i wont have to mess with the steering weighing ect. so i will make this work.

who knows in 20 years i might have the world most awsome na-t... but probably not :)

Thats the spirit!

you could also consider the greddy emanage ultimate, their not to expensive and up for the job on big injectors.

i have got it and i tuned my NA-T myself, works a treat and has pretty straight forward software.

had a chat with ryan and it seems the emanage can flow bigger injectors but cant tkle fuel out . so the plan is to get the best from these 550s , so to make up for that im putting her on a bigger diet. im going to out the dash and as much wireing as possible . all i want is my steering wheel . all nescasery things like gauges fuel pump wipers ect to be on flip switches whith single wires and short "to chassis" earths.

also going to spend some time on the suspension to see if we can improve the handleing. im goin to max the stock wishbones on camber and casto ansd try 3 degress on tow out on the fr0nt as suggested by lord chris wilson. the easyest thing would to would be to buy a gt4 but i will persever and get the best from this "bugit" race supra :)

also considering moving the seat back as far as possible , extending the steering shaft and fitting a pedal box further back to suit , but thats an " if everything els goes well" option

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...