The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mr hyde. na-t budgit track supra

dr_jekyll

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wantthatone
I have to wonder just HOW close to the breaking strain of that rope you were there, and I had to look in awe at the confidence you had in your knot tying.... ;)

he was in the scouts! got the badges, lol

I have to wonder just HOW close to the breaking strain of that rope you were there, and I had to look in awe at the confidence you had in your knot tying.... ;)

its ok , i went to boy scouts, the knot was never in doubt. as for the rope, it was fraying so ill play it safe and use an old seatbelt to put the new one in. best do things properly :)

I keep looking for the knicker elastic an old girlfriend had, amazing stuff, all my cunning, best chat and gifts failed to get it to stretch over her hips.

Sounds like remarkable stuff Chris, good luck in your hunt. :D

Looks awesome, respect to the owner and builder of this beast!

I finally finished my NA-T build aswell, i share the same turbo as you do and darn do i like that turbo. it spools up at around 2500-3000rpm and has full boost between 3250-3750rpm (no turboback exhaust, still have to fit mine) XS T61's are VERY cheap and seem to be up for the task too.

Only thing left for me to do is map my car and replace my MAP sensor as it took a crap on me along with the ''air pulsation damper'' thats attached to the MAP sensor and intake mani (because of my own stupidness >.

Ive got a question about your software mapping, if you dont mine me asking what did you do to your timing? i set my duty cycle to an extra 30% under 8.7 psi of boost and did nothing to my timing yet.

Also what oil are you using in your engine and tranny?

Keep up the good work!

a fellow NA-Ter from The Netherlands

Edited by Ricardod (see edit history)

cheers mate, :)

on the final map we ran 6 deg btdc of tmeing on stock compression. made the car alittle less responsive but allowed it to run 10psi without det on 99 fuel and thatt made about 400bhp.

at the moment i had fuches titan 75-90 gearbox oil and fuches titan 10-40 in the engine i think on this engine ill go for the fuches titan 10-50 after i use the halfords mineral oil to run it in

so you mean that on the final map you retarded the timing by lets say 4 degrees of the stock 10 degrees BTDC timing?

What voltage did you put your voltage clamp too? i set mine to 4.3V is this correct?

What air fuel ratio do you guys use as a save standard?

400bhp flywheel or rearwheel horsepower?

sorry for all these questions but im trying to learn how to map my NA-T.

Thanks for the info!

greatly appreciate it

Edited by Ricardod (see edit history)

few progress pics from tonight.

as you can see above the lovely turbo mod from jason that takes the rubber coupler away from the hot manifold ;)

so tonight with jasons help we slotted the engine into its new home . few little things to do tomorrow and she should be redy to turn the key ( crosses fingers)

All the old bits moved over from the old engine and new tubby fitted

attachment.php?attachmentid=133718&d=1306968110

flywheel , clutch and gearbox fitted , with jason using his hamer hands to tighen the last bolts

attachment.php?attachmentid=133719&d=1306968110

and shes in , nice and snug

attachment.php?attachmentid=133720&d=1306968110

01062011162.jpg

01062011163.jpg

01062011164.jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)