The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mr hyde. na-t budgit track supra

dr_jekyll

i think 700 is doable id need a standalone, bigger injectors , possibly slightly lower the copression , and a bigger turbo.

the max of this set up with this turbo would be about 550-600 i think. but in order to achive that we would have to pull lots of timeing and max the injectors so its not relistic. the map ryan has put on it now feel superb power is early and constant . and the responec still feel sharp off the boost

the emb 550 from 330s is about max , with the emu i think 650s from 330s is doable . obviously a standalone will run whatever you want it to.

id like a syvecs next year but theat depends on funds. tbh after running the car yesterday i dont think any extra power will be on the agenda for a while , not until i can improve the way it puts power down becase it feels nuts

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always machine off unnecessary bits from the dizzy and just use the crank and cam position sensors in it to run COP or 6 remote coils. Or you can buy the very late NA oil pump that has the crank sensor pickup mounting, fit the crank position star wheel from a TT, and fit a cam position sensor in or on a cam cover. Obviously you need standalone ecu for this, but if the rebuild demands a new oil pump it's an option. Once you are COP or individual coils you can get a lot more spark energy.

You can always machine off unnecessary bits from the dizzy and just use the crank and cam position sensors in it to run COP or 6 remote coils. Or you can buy the very late NA oil pump that has the crank sensor pickup mounting, fit the crank position star wheel from a TT, and fit a cam position sensor in or on a cam cover. Obviously you need standalone ecu for this, but if the rebuild demands a new oil pump it's an option. Once you are COP or individual coils you can get a lot more spark energy.

when i grow up i want to be you

didnt cross them hard enough mate . just poped

Sorry to hear that. This is actually worrying for me too as I was planning on running similar power but with a boost controller to have a low boost setting to prolong the life of the w58.

So what's the plan now are you going with an r154 as I'm looking for one too. If you find a trader who can supply and fit with all the fab work can you let me know maybe we could get a discount on two cars or maybe find a few more people too lol?

yea ticking time bomb with all that torque . i was considering 154 but with all the pink elipahnts floating around that have been drift abused im thinking of just doing the 6 speed swap and then its done for good.

a real shame because the car fel superb on the lap and a half it mangaed . power comes on reaaly strong and pulls like a train. hence the gearbox in smithereens :) it did over boost in 4th a wee bit though so as soon as i have transmition ill have to addrees the wastegate to stop that happening.

FINAL DRIVE WITH 6 SPEED?

so looking for advice and help with deciding on what final drive to go with while running the v 160 box

my options

the car as most of you know is used for sprinting so will rarely go over 160mph so im thinking short gears will be better for exelaration but at the same time traction is allways an issue.

but then i have the option of short shifting for more traction wheras if i go the other way with longer gears and i find myself boged down shifting down at a paticular speed may not be an opion.

buuut if i find myself in a position of having to upshift on a long bend that could be potentially sideways at speed.wheras with the longer gears and pleany of torque i can hold 1 gear longer

so here is what we have to go on

3.266 diff @ 6800rpm

1. 42.6

2. 69.1

3. 96.8

4. 124.3

5. 163.1

6. 205.7

3.769diff @ 6800rpm

1. 36.9

2. 59.9

3. 83.9

4. 107.7

5. 141.3

6. 178.2

4.083 diff @6800rpm

1. 34.1

2. 55.3

3. 77.4

4. 99.4

5. 130.5

6. 164.5

as you can see im very twisted on making my choice so all input and advice is allways absobed and apriciated

• 2 weeks later...
here is my 10 minuet made masterpiece :) dont know what all the fuss was about

The gear-stick action might feel a little weird for a while because of the extra distance to the pivot point. Make sure it doesn't foul on the tunnel when you're really swapping cogs.

But hell, if it works, it works!

And now you have an R154 and I don't which is gonna put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day!:D

the throw is a little longer but i like a throw . the short shifter never fill me with confidence that it in gear. if it does foul the tunnel atall ill just hack the tunnel out john smith style :). i have tryed a simulation of how it will feel sitting on the floor next to it an making engine noises and it feels pretty good . slots in lovely so should be fine :)