The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mr hyde. na-t budgit track supra

dr_jekyll

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes there are bosch pumps ,a nd you can run 12v to them properly with a relay tha will work from the feed from the ecu. my setup runs 2 pumps with direct 12v from the back of my kill switch that are activated by 2 relays wired to the ignition. it works well but the only downside is the pums run when the ignition is live evn if the engine is not running and your upside down in the gravel

so whats the benifit from running the pumps from a direct 12v feed. would it not be best to run the pumps using a relay, but also have them going through a kill switch as well. i mean its only a cut off switch in the supply?

your crazy mate, lol your going to need a fire proof track suit with that :D

the pumps run harder at 12v from the ecu they only run 9v . this means more fuel pressure so less duty cycle on the injectors. they are on a relay from the ignition , the reason the feed is from the emergency kill switch is if i flip it it kills all 12v feeds to everything in the car including the pumps. if im knocked out the switch can be pulled by a marshal vial the pull cord on the bonnet

• 2 weeks later...