The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra, finished and ready for summer

evinX

Mate! Firstly huge congrats on doing this all yourself! I'm glad its how you wanted it to be. I personally actually like it. Take the advice of moving the FE and take all the hating on the chin. Also dont let people here who dont like your car stop you from attending shows. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but theres was of putting your message across. Its called being tactful and is what makes a successful forum.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kev, well done and enjoy it, as someone mentioned earlier though, it's never finished as you will always find something you want to change.

I think you should be proud of your efforts and at least you were not scared to get stuck in and do the work yourself, learning things as you went along I would guess. Lots of modified cars are owned by people who wouldn't know how to use a screwdriver in an emergency and pay someone else to do the smallest thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that as it's their car, but they do miss out on the enjoyment and the satisfaction you have experienced doing the work yourself. OK there were moments of priceless entertainment while you were doing it, but you took it in good spirit and kept your direction. For me I like the look (but guess I am a little biased), but hate those eyebrows. But did I read somewhere you were going to lose these? Anyhow, it's your car and if you like them, hell keep them on.

Oh and as Saq say's, do not be put off bringing it to shows by other peoples opinions and comments. Its your car and work so be proud of it.

Edited by Shane
Added a bit (see edit history)

I want a hood scoop,where can i get one?

Toyota

76182-14010 GUIDE,HOOD AIR INTAKE

76187-14010 RETAINER,HOOD AIR INTAKE GUIDE,NO.1 x 2

76186-14010 SEAL.HOOD AIR INTAKE

90179-06058 NUT,WIRE ADJUSTING,NO.1 x 4

90179-06299 NUT,WIRE ADJUSTING,NO.1

76184-14010 PROTECTOR,HOOD BULGE,NO.2

76181-14900 BULGE,HOOD

90999-91057 PROTECTOR,REAR SPOLIER,NO.2

76192-14010 PLATE,HOOD BULGE

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7734/bonnetscoopfo8.png

Going by the size of it I think you would be lucky if that extinguisher put out a lit cigarette. Certainly wouldn't do much in a real world situation.

I had one of those a while back, used it on a track day when an evo caught fire. We got about 10 - 15 seconds of powder out of it hardly did anything but make a bloody huge mess.

Fair play that you've now got it how you want it.... not my taste at all, but then there's a ton of Supra's on here that also aren't to my taste, it's a varied world we live and as long as you like it that is all that counts. I don't like it, but I respect you for doing it all yourself and putting up with the flack you get here.

A few things that would finish it off and 'compliment' the work you've done is :

1.) Get the interior carpet all one colour, 2 shades of black and a shade of grey doesn't look great. Dye it all the same colour black and it will look a million times better.

2.) For safety reasons move that fire extinguisher somewhere safe and somewhere you can easily get to it (passenger footwell by trans-tunnel would be ideal)

Fair play Kev, that works really well. You should be proud of yourself as you have put a lot of effort into it. The wheels set it off beautifully. I'm not a fan of the nose or the eye brows, but then I dont like Top Secrete either. And having said that it works just fine with the paint, agressive.

Well not a fan of satin body work and eyelids but it's you car and kudos for doing it how you wanted it. Glad you like it and hope you to get to properly enjoy it soon. I do agree with the comments (that weren't being offensive about it) about moving the FE. You have the rear seats out so put it smack bang in the middle (Oh and possibly paint it blue with red NOS all over it) :p

Exactly nic, thats why i wont carry anyone for the time...im not joking. And when i do i will more than likely relocate...

Please do, if a mate asks for a lift don't risk it.

If you need an illustration of what a Supra crash can do to a passenger, look up John Graziano on Youtube, he was Nick Hogan's passenger when he totaled his car.

If you need an illustration of what a Supra crash can do to a passenger, look up John Graziano on Youtube, he was Nick Hogan's passenger when he totaled his car.

just looked at that 2years in hospital, one of them looked like he had a massive chunk of his head missing

MOVE THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER

Just checked the vids out and holy crap thats not nice :(