The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra, finished and ready for summer

evinX

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo its better than nothing. Im guessing youd rather sit there and watch yours burn becuase you couldnt find a big enough extinguisher? LOL weird dude, id rather try and just do nothing about it.

No, wouldn't mind sitting watching yours burn though :)

No, wouldn't mind sitting watching yours burn though :)

:p

Fair play for the effort that you've put in. Not to my taste, but everyone's is different. Glad your happy with it fella!

What does the writing on the side say? (yup, apparently im not a true supra lover either) :)

Kev has done great work, a hell of a lot of it, and done it himself. More than a lot of people on here who criticise and take the piss have of there cars.

Its not to everyones taste, but then kev might not like other peoples taste. Its what he wants. thats the whole point. And he will be happy driving it. I dont know why a lot of people cant see that and take it for what it is.

I may be biased because i know him well in real life. But he knows i dont like the front bumper, or the eyebrows. The writing is a bit iffy IMO. But the wheels look great. And the paint may not be 16 layers of highly complex candys and metalics with 24 layers of highly polished laquer. But for what it is the finish is superb.

I questioned the placing of the extinguisher when he first put it in. personaly i would have hidden it away somewhere. But i agree its better than nothing.

I have a similar sized extinguisher in my kitchen. Useing it when our grill pan caught on fire last year saved the oven and the kitchen and ultimately you could say the house, when if i had thaught "oh shit the grill is on fire... i better get out of the house" i wouldnt have had much of a house to go back into.

That 10-15-20 quid or whatever it cost on that tiny useless extinguisher saved me a lot of money!

Sure it wouldnt tacle a fully blown engine fire. But a small fire in the bay or cabin could be easily put out if spotted quickly. Thats the whole point. Saying its useless is a bit of an odd conclusion to make if you ask me. Its useless to put out a car thats already half on fire. But you can out out something small quite easily. And im sure thats why kev has it.

Happy for you kev. glad its ready for the road. Are you covered on insurance to drive it yet? tax and tested?

Kev has done great work, a hell of a lot of it, and done it himself. More than a lot of people on here who criticise and take the piss have of there cars.

Its not to everyones taste, but then kev might not like other peoples taste. Its what he wants. thats the whole point. And he will be happy driving it. I dont know why a lot of people cant see that and take it for what it is.

I may be biased because i know him well in real life. But he knows i dont like the front bumper, or the eyebrows. The writing is a bit iffy IMO. But the wheels look great. And the paint may not be 16 layers of highly complex candys and metalics with 24 layers of highly polished laquer. But for what it is the finish is superb.

I questioned the placing of the extinguisher when he first put it in. personaly i would have hidden it away somewhere. But i agree its better than nothing.

I have a similar sized extinguisher in my kitchen. Useing it when our grill pan caught on fire last year saved the oven and the kitchen and ultimately you could say the house, when if i had thaught "oh shit the grill is on fire... i better get out of the house" i wouldnt have had much of a house to go back into.

That 10-15-20 quid or whatever it cost on that tiny useless extinguisher saved me a lot of money!

Sure it wouldnt tacle a fully blown engine fire. But a small fire in the bay or cabin could be easily put out if spotted quickly. Thats the whole point. Saying its useless is a bit of an odd conclusion to make if you ask me. Its useless to put out a car thats already half on fire. But you can out out something small quite easily. And im sure thats why kev has it.

Happy for you kev. glad its ready for the road. Are you covered on insurance to drive it yet? tax and tested?

Well said, and i totally agree about the fire extinguisher:) i think his Supra looks good, its done on a budget, and with a lot of work, IMO there are too many here that throw money and other peoples work at there Supra, and with a crap attitude to boot, so your supras got nice shiny paintwork that cost you thousands, with a nice single turbo setup that you couldn't fix if it went wrong:rolleyes:

Try learning to appreciate other peoples efforts instead of knocking them!

Kev, I've been critical in the past, and maybe a little unfairly. I must admit, I don't particularly like Veilside bumpers, I hate brows, and writing decals usually make me groan....... However....... with the exception of the brows (purely personal taste) I actually think everything on the car works really well together.

The spoiler looks good with the Veilside skirts and front, I have to admit the matt looks great now it's finished, and the stickers don't really detract from anything. Fair play mate, you saw the finished product and I reckon you've done the car justice to get it there on your own.

Bravo is what I say to thee, and ignore the haters (erm, which included me in a sense).

Well said, and i totally agree about the fire extinguisher:) i think his Supra looks good, its done on a budget, and with a lot of work, IMO there are too many here that throw money and other peoples work at there Supra, and with a crap attitude to boot, so your supras got nice shiny paintwork that cost you thousands, with a nice single turbo setup that you couldn't fix if it went wrong:rolleyes:

That is a great post..!!

H.

+1