The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I now own a UK TT6

Josh

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x2 ... Ive seen it mentioned a few times the last few days, but didn't want to ask encase it was a daft question :D

One quick question for yous though. When yous are talking about the kick off the 2nd turbo, is it quite hard? Ive never been in a supra, let alone a TT so don't really know the feeling. Is it similar to what you get with vtec? :search:

Only been in an old prelude with v-tec and that was a long time ago.............but there is a noticable increase in power/torque so yes in a way it's more non linear than non turbo and non vtec engines. That said the kickin being hard/savage only applies to modded ones.........my tt is totally stock and with decent tyres the transition is no problem in any weathers*

*this is not to say you can plant your foot midcorner at 3600rpm in 3rd........but straight line acceleration step outs and general unease about using near full throttle in the wet are not common in my experience of well shod stock cars and is a big reason I leave mine stock.

Congrats on getting the car. DO NOT give it the beans from the lights, wait until you've got past the layby. The tarmac is shite there from stuff wheelspinning off the lights. I'll be going that way in the morning, i'll keep my eye out for you. Might be able to recognise you now:D

Congratualtions Josh..............just out of interest what tyres does it have on the back?

I can't remember. Goodyear F1's I believe. Thanks too :)

Congrats on getting the car. DO NOT give it the beans from the lights, wait until you've got past the layby. The tarmac is shite there from stuff wheelspinning off the lights. I'll be going that way in the morning, i'll keep my eye out for you. Might be able to recognise you now:D

Where abouts do you live mate? I live by the Royal Oak :). As if you know where I meant :D

edit: I know now, sorry. Saw you the other day by the stag :)

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

Mallet's Mallet dies without me. Me = whore :D

:attenwhore:

That makes two of us! :D

Congratulations and all the best with it Josh ;)

Same stock exhaust as mine by the looks of it. Not too lairy. Beautiful colour too.

These cars do tend to get Scoobies and such flooring it all over the place so just play it cool and whatever you do, don't make eye contact! :D

If you don't mind, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask on both of our behalves, which tyres are the best all weather's these days, especially for the rear? Mine are Bridgestone Potenza's I think and they're a nightmare for spinning easily in the wet or even damp because of the unbroken ring tread pattern.

Any suggestions, since this is the most critical thing to get right to prevent any nasty surprises?

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

If they are then that's a definite plus and should make the 'test' a less risky business!

Yeah definitely. When Si took me for a ride in it he gave it a bit of WOT in 2nd and even though it was absolutely soaking wet on the road the wheels didn't spin at all :).

It looks like blue skies outside so as long as it's not too cold, it's almost time for a drive :)

Thanks again all!

Congratulations Josh, you're going to love driving around in that, get it BPUed asap, up to 1.2, you'll love it even more, just don't look at the for sale section too much it drives you crazy.

The only thing that concerns me is, now that Bignum has sold his TT where are we going to get such great vids of him going around Nurburgring slaughtering just about everything in sight.

Congratulations Josh, you're going to love driving around in that, get it BPUed asap, up to 1.2, you'll love it even more, just don't look at the for sale section too much it drives you crazy.

The only thing that concerns me is, now that Bignum has sold his TT where are we going to get such great vids of him going around Nurburgring slaughtering just about everything in sight.

I'm planning on taking a trip there at some point, won't be for a while though ;)

Josh you did it! :D

Well done on the purchase and even though you brought it from a well known (and respected) forum member you must have picked up quite some knowleadge spending some time on the forum (Or on Mallet's Mallet) :D

Do you think you will be doing the Euro Trip?