The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I now own a UK TT6

Josh

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any future plans for the beast??

I was thinking of going BPU in a year or so but I'm not sure. She's quick enough as she is for the moment so might not mess about with her for a while.

May go single in the future but I'll have to see :)

Any cosmetic work? or you staying with the stock look for now?

Since looking to get a Supra, I've wanted a Trial rear but I think I'm going to keep it stock looking.

It looks classy as it is and if I do go BPU or single then no one will be expecting it from a stock looking car.

I will change the wheels at some point but I'll have to save up first and decide what will go :)

Posh is to posh for a erm..... team beard sticker Monsween :D

When I get a helmet, I'll take you up on the sticker and whack it on there Kieran. Thanks!

Sleeper look...i like it! :p Trial rears are hard to come by these days.

Yeah, sleeper look all the way :). I wasn't too sure about the red to start with (from the first pics I saw of it) but after the wax/polish, I love it!

Nic looking car Josh, i look forward to seeing it run the 1/4 at Shakey

Thanks. May just have a few runs there to see how it is.

How is it on the car? I know Supras are extremely strong but on just a stock TT would it be ok? I will have a go at Shakey when it's on but I'm not sure if I'll do any/many more. I'd prefer to take it on the track.

I'll see how it is though :)

Since looking to get a Supra, I've wanted a Trial rear but I think I'm going to keep it stock looking.

It looks classy as it is and if I do go BPU or single then no one will be expecting it from a stock looking car.

I will change the wheels at some point but I'll have to save up first and decide what will go :)

I'd definately leave the exterior stock, it looks stunning. I have the BBS wheels that used to be on that car :) you're not having them back though! I'd personally leave the wheels alone, and get them widened at some point in the future if you need more grip (there's a recent thread on that subject somewhere)

Keep it clean and you'll always have one of the nicest looking cars on the forum! :thumbs:

I'd definately leave the exterior stock, it looks stunning. I have the BBS wheels that used to be on that car :) you're not having them back though! I'd personally leave the wheels alone, and get them widened at some point in the future if you need more grip (there's a recent thread on that subject somewhere)

Keep it clean and you'll always have one of the nicest looking cars on the forum! :thumbs:

Thanks dude, that's nice to hear :)

The stock 17s have certainly grown on me!

We own super cars its awesome and i'm only 21 !!!!!

Yup, I'm only 22 too :)

Thanks dude, that's nice to hear :)

The stock 17s have certainly grown on me!

They're also more than capable of dealing with any stage of BPU (with the correct tyres) plus the tyres are usefully cheaper than those for larger alloys :) Just speak to our resident suspension expert (Chris Wilson)

I'm quite jealous you managed to get a manual, when I was your age I had the coice of either a higher mileage UK spec manual (130K) or a 105K mile auto with ful BPU work (inc cams and an emanage) I went for the auto.

You should also be quite safe in the knowledge that your car should never depreciate, so long as you take care of it :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

They're also more than capable of dealing with any stage of BPU (with the correct tyres) plus the tyres are usefully cheaper than those for larger alloys :) Just speak to our resident suspension expert (Chris Wilson)

Will do. As said a couple of pages ago, I went out in the pouring rain earlier and even though I wasn't pushing the car, the wheels didn't spin at all and it felt completely stable the whole time :)

going to have to stop reading this thread.

Off to pistonheads and autotrader again.....

:D

I'm sitting in my Golf, about to head into work and wish I was out driving the Supra. I miss her all ready :(

Hopefully it'll be dry when I get back tonight :)