The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised you have blinged up the hooks, hopefully they won't be needed often ;) and I think it looks tidier without them.

I hope so anyway, because the hook bolt holes on mine have been given a new purpose in life. :)

No mate they look 100% better fitted on the engine than without them. I like them.

b;3055958']Gonna be mad by the time its finished. Even now looks awesome!! : D

hope so. Been cracking on with under the bonnet today im nackered. removed pretty much everything inc ABS which im not going to run anyway. just got to start welding up the holes and flush everything smooth.

Hi Rob

Don't use those engine hooks to lift the engine in mate because of the weight the chrome will crack n split straight away.

no wasn't going to mate, just a show thing but i like them when they are fitted. Might have to pick your brains one day as thing's are getting scary lol

Well been busy this week stripping the engine bay out. Removed the heavy ABS unit which ill get rid of completely and also the air conditioning pipe work ect.

I need to locate a non turbo brakes master cylinder as its the best way to go about getting rid of the ABS and routing in for the new pipe work.

Got soooo many holes which need welding up but the smooth look is by far the best and will be worth the hard work.

attachment.php?attachmentid=128117&stc=1&d=1299750624

attachment.php?attachmentid=128116&stc=1&d=1299750624

attachment.php?attachmentid=128115&stc=1&d=1299750624

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Managed to get some more bits golded last night and got the bits test fitted this morning.

I gold plated the bolts to hold the engine hooks on.

gold plated middle water pipe.

I did something different with the air con bracket too, i bored the middle out and found some decent sized core plugs at work which i polished up and gold plated. Then this morning tapped the core plug into the bracket, golded 5 stainless allen head bolds which are screwed in for show.

attachment.php?attachmentid=128156&stc=1&d=1299838148

attachment.php?attachmentid=128157&stc=1&d=1299838148

attachment.php?attachmentid=128158&stc=1&d=1299838148

attachment.php?attachmentid=128159&stc=1&d=1299838148

attachment.php?attachmentid=128160&stc=1&d=1299838148

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Thats fine by me, love seeing your updates:) Keep em coming.

That engine looks fantastic, any chance you could do a short walk around vid and put it on youtube for the sad gits like me to drool even more:D The pic's look great :thumbs:

on my rubbish camera phone lol i might have to give pistonbroke a shout, he might help me out

Well i had a brain wave at work and as i have said from the start i want to try and make each component unique and special, even if you see it or not :D

So here is the power steering pump bracket i have literally just finished, i never thought it would work and come out as well as it did :cool: im very happy.

It works well with the painted sparkling aluminium and should be a nice centre piece of the build. This 24 carat gold plating is costing me a fortune in stock :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=128173&stc=1&d=1299867084

attachment.php?attachmentid=128174&stc=1&d=1299867084

attachment.php?attachmentid=128176&stc=1&d=1299867084

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg