The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

Finally come to your senses then, would have been a shame if you'd not made use of your Orange one :D I'll be looking forward to seeing how you get on with that PHR kit as i nearly bought one of here last year when it came up cheap on here (believe you were looking at it as well Rob ;) ) Are you going for their fueling package as well?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would never ever trailer a car thats cheating, i love driving my supra and love cleaning my engine bay, just wont leave it anywhere.

this is all show and go and im certainly going to be driving it hard

The only way it should be done mate! Glad to hear it!

And good choice on putting it in the orange car!:thumbs:

Finally come to your senses then, would have been a shame if you'd not made use of your Orange one :D I'll be looking forward to seeing how you get on with that PHR kit as i nearly bought one of here last year when it came up cheap on here (believe you were looking at it as well Rob ;) ) Are you going for their fueling package as well?

nar im going to upgrade the fuel pump and bigger drop in injectors, thats it... keeping things stock

thats a very good result, did you rate the turbo though? was you running that on a auto box?

Turbo was good, spooled quite quick, but as it's only a baby, runs out of puff. Mine was running at 1.4bar. Nope was on a manual. The setup I have is almost identical to Lui, except I have an aem ecu, and possibly slightly larger injectors, think his was around 511?

Finally located the correct bolts to fit the engine mounts and gave it a quick polish over :blink: its suprising how dusty it gets under a cover.

Still waiting on auxillary pulleys from whiffbits and 2 bags full of nuts and bolts which are at the chromers. So things should be getting exciting when they all arrive :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=129164&stc=1&d=1301320538

attachment.php?attachmentid=129165&stc=1&d=1301320538

attachment.php?attachmentid=129166&stc=1&d=1301320538

attachment.php?attachmentid=129167&stc=1&d=1301320538

attachment.php?attachmentid=129168&stc=1&d=1301320538

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

I'll do you a super duper deal on one of my turbo kits Rob, after spending all that time and money making your engine look sexy its crying out for one of my manifolds.....

what the twin wastegate manifolds? im not going for huge power but as much as the stock auto will take paul, what turbo you suggest if i went with your kit?

what the twin wastegate manifolds? im not going for huge power but as much as the stock auto will take paul, what turbo you suggest if i went with your kit?

Twin wastegate yes, the single wastegate has now been discontinued. I would suggest a Bullseye S362 turbo, thats the setup Ad runs and its so responsive and makes 566bhp, you can see his spec here http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/category/adds-single-turbo-supra/

Little update

I chopped off the loom lugs off the rail brackets and had them chromed along with the bolts. Going to chrome strip them tonight and then gold plate them later as it will make that area look cool.

Bought a Whifbitz braided fuel hose to remove pulsation damper off hodge, comes with nice fixings too and will improve my stock fuel system.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129597&stc=1&d=1301911603

attachment.php?attachmentid=129598&stc=1&d=1301911603

attachment.php?attachmentid=129599&stc=1&d=1301911603

attachment.php?attachmentid=129600&stc=1&d=1301911603

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Spent a few mins just staring into space and thinking about what to do next. I found some blanking plugs to screw in the greddy manifold as i no longer need some of the holes,eg- the one to the cam cover breather.

Got a few things polished up and ill do a bit of plating tonight, trying to think of new idea's but mind has gone blank.

Anyway i hope to get the pulley set back from whiffbits and get them on the engine as i have some nice gold plated nuts to hold the pulleys on with.

Need to order/look into getting some water hose to go to my stock oil filter housing cooler, any recommended places?? :search:

How about some stock Toyota ones. Can't go wrong with them. Or if you want something with a bit of colour then viper performance do superflex hose that you can tie in a know and won't crease.

i was thinking toyota but just seen some samco water hose in black which might do the job.

Been a busy evening up in the loft gold plating but here are some pics of what i managed to get done.

got the 2 main bolts plated which hold the rail on, 6 bolts gold which hold the brackets to the rails, and finally the 3 plates.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129629&stc=1&d=1301942301

attachment.php?attachmentid=129630&stc=1&d=1301942301

Gold plated vac pipe and bolt.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129633&stc=1&d=1301942301

4 gold plated bolts which hold the cam sensors in- 2 bolts per sensor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129632&stc=1&d=1301942301

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Started work early today so i could get a few bits i golded last night on the engine.

here are some quick pics, glad i done the fuel rail brackets in gold as it reflects onto the plenum and looks awesome.

bolts which hold power steering pulley and tensioner are now ready

attachment.php?attachmentid=129682&stc=1&d=1301992238

fuel rail sytem complete- just need 650 drop in injectors and a fuel pump

attachment.php?attachmentid=129683&stc=1&d=1301992238

attachment.php?attachmentid=129686&stc=1&d=1301992238

Both cam sensors are now fitted

attachment.php?attachmentid=129684&stc=1&d=1301992238

attachment.php?attachmentid=129685&stc=1&d=1301992238

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg