The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q45 throttle body sent off today to SRD for bit of work.

Mucking around getting things mocked up, decided to test fit the wastegates and i never realised how big these bad boys are :eyebrows:. Going to send the manifold off with the wastegates to whifbits so they can make my custom downpipe/midpipe and twin screamers, ill also order my turbo and fittings.

attachment.php?attachmentid=130529&stc=1&d=1302870453

attachment.php?attachmentid=130530&stc=1&d=1302870453

attachment.php?attachmentid=130531&stc=1&d=1302870453

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

Nice BW S372 going cheap soon Rob....

Also them Tial wastegates are twice the size of my compgates, you sure any turbo will fit using one of them? looks like its going to be in the way to me.

I thought the same Jamie, the Tial gate I bought from you was nowhere near that size either. looks like Robs going to have to get a GT45 just to clear the gate lol.

Nice BW S372 going cheap soon Rob....

Also them Tial wastegates are twice the size of my compgates, you sure any turbo will fit using one of them? looks like its going to be in the way to me.

that turbo will be a bit laggy for me wont it?

Paul seems to think they will fit good but downpipe will need to be modified and screamers custom made. I think its going to be bloody tight but will be ok, if it aint then ill just sell on when the engine is in the car and get some compgates.

Its only 72mm so wont be laggy, to big for a stock autobox though, you want something near to 60mm really, just wont look as impressive that all.

yeah the S362 is what i was going with, as i want to run around with stock box for the moment.

Got me thinking about these bloody wastegates now!! i need a turbo to test fit.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)