The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you just going to use your car as an N/A for this year then just drop the new lump in over winter?

yeah the aim is end of the year so im gathering all the parts together and obviously building the engine too.

I chucked a oil cooler and pipes last week, always the way!! Isnt that fron sensor a knock sensor bud?

aint got a clue, i need a manual really.

Done a bit of work yesterday on the engine, removed the bracket on the water pipe which runs around the back. Polished the stock FPR and return line ready for chroming.

Fitted the 2 knock sensors in the engine block (polished of course)

I did have a mad idea on where to put my PS tank but it would involve running lines and taking up space, so after reading what hodge did to johnny's i decided this is the way i woud like mine to be mounted (stole the idea), plus it looks very very neat.

The pipe on the Chromed PS tank did need a bit of a tweek and with a bit of encouragement the hose did fit on with no rubbing/touching on the plenum, result!

attachment.php?attachmentid=129937&stc=1&d=1302335546

attachment.php?attachmentid=129938&stc=1&d=1302335546

attachment.php?attachmentid=129939&stc=1&d=1302335546

attachment.php?attachmentid=129940&stc=1&d=1302335546

attachment.php?attachmentid=129941&stc=1&d=1302335546

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

na mate i dont know how too, plus i think they will slaughter me ha ha

Ill try and put some pics on there but cant work out how there system works, im crap with computers

I would find it hard to believe any petrol head would slaughter you for this, Doesn't matter if you like the gold or not it's still an amazing looking engine and your attention to detail is superb. I love the gold and chrome together.

yeah i know mate, hopefully i can get the engine bay all painted at the end of the year and all smoothed.

How possible would it be to have the engine bay mirrored so everything reflected of it? you would see all the otherwise hidden parts then.

Are you going to be clamping off the silicone hoses?

yeah i have only been mocking things up

I'm not so sure a mirrored bay would be a good idea imho. It would be so bling that all the detail would probably be lost amongst itself. I reckon a darker bay to set that beautiful engine against :)

i agree thats why i might not paint the bay orange, i might go gloss black that way it will pop all the gold and chrome out even more