The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent my top water neck pipe off to lee so he can get his man to smooth off the 2 outlet pipes for the twin turbo setup.

Aint got much in today, so im going to start brazing up the un-wanted holes in the engine bay and get things how i want.

Still waiting on a bit of chrome and auxillary pulleys too, so the engine build has come to a stop for a week or two.

finally had some spare time to get the exhaust engine mount polished up, just waiting on the bolts from keron and ill get them plated and fit the mounts to the block.

Rang lee and i think he is going to source me a Q45 throttle body and the other bits i need to just bolt the throttle body to the manifold.

ALSO i have finally bought a TT auto engine loom, thank god :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=128528&stc=1&d=1300451614

attachment.php?attachmentid=128529&stc=1&d=1300451614

attachment.php?attachmentid=128530&stc=1&d=1300451614

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

Mocking up the water pipe but not feeling the chrome, i think ill have to gold it :cool:. Plus there is no gold around that side of the engine

the vaccum pipes which run around the back are blanked off. Need to find some decent water hose to link the pipe at the back (blanked off in pic) to the front pipe coming out the head, so i will have full circulation around the engine and not blank it off like other builds... ill just run the piping under the runners to keep it tidy.

Also need to get some metal cable ties to put around the heat sleeve, as the plastic ones aint a good idea me thinks :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=128536&stc=1&d=1300458375

attachment.php?attachmentid=128537&stc=1&d=1300458375

attachment.php?attachmentid=128538&stc=1&d=1300458375

attachment.php?attachmentid=128539&stc=1&d=1300458375

attachment.php?attachmentid=128540&stc=1&d=1300458375

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

I welded up the pipe coming out of the head on mine n Johnnys build and the other pipe on the back I cut off and also welded it up. The less water ways the less chance for airlocks is the way I see it.

yeah good point but im going to just run the top pipe to the head, circulation will be much better imo. I have been reading these are a nightmare to bleed, but thats miles away yet lol

Just another thing you night want to consider. Where you've got that thermosleeve the rubber pipe that's underneath, take it out and weld the 2 pipes together. The less rubber hosing you've got near to the downpipe and manifold the better.

Just another thing you night want to consider. Where you've got that thermosleeve the rubber pipe that's underneath, take it out and weld the 2 pipes together. The less rubber hosing you've got near to the downpipe and manifold the better.

ok john thanks for the info ill get onto it and have a look, makes sense though, so will get it welded.

:clap::clap::clap:

Really looks great buddy and I don't want to be negative, but how much are you going to enjoy driving this car without worrying about how dirty the engine is getting with each mile!? Or will this be another trailered show car!?

:clap::clap::clap:

Really looks great buddy and I don't want to be negative, but how much are you going to enjoy driving this car without worrying about how dirty the engine is getting with each mile!? Or will this be another trailered show car!?

i would never ever trailer a car thats cheating, i love driving my supra and love cleaning my engine bay, just wont leave it anywhere.

this is all show and go and im certainly going to be driving it hard

Well after much thought i am now going to put the rebuilt engine in the orange supra :cool:. Idont know why i never thought about doing it before as i love the car to bits and everything is done eg- interior, brand new tein coilovers, no abs/traction control :)

I will invest in big brakes for the front as i would like to stop and im also going to go for the same setup as lui (PHR stage 1 street kit) he has had brilliant results and still going strong and very fast spooling :cool:

Im mega happy now as i get to progress the orange car into a street beast and not just a show car :eyebrows:

breaking the silver TT so any spares needed please dont hesitate to contact moi.