The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

Been a long afternoon up in the loft gold plating but im happy the way things have come out.

i gold plated the bolts and huge centre bolt which holds the boost logic crank pulley on and im very happy at the result, definately changed the look of the pulley now and added my little touch to it.

6 allen head bolts and big centre bolt

attachment.php?attachmentid=127789&stc=1&d=1299335717

attachment.php?attachmentid=127790&stc=1&d=1299335717

attachment.php?attachmentid=127791&stc=1&d=1299335717

attachment.php?attachmentid=127792&stc=1&d=1299335717

attachment.php?attachmentid=127793&stc=1&d=1299335717

now time to relax and have a beer later :)

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just looking better and better fella, I'm well impressed mate!

Promise me u won't get a bonnet with vents.....lol

My engine bay is already a mess from my top secret one, it kills me!

nar no vents for me, i hear they are a nightmare and ill screw every time i take it out lol.

thanks for the comments though guys.

Got some goodies on the way as i just ordered few new bits.

The plan is to get the waterpump on, cambelt and plastic covers plus the boostlogic crank pulley on this week at work.

question I know i remove the 2 pipes from the U shaped top water pipe but is it best to cut them off and weld up?? or just bung them off with pipe??

Got some goodies on the way as i just ordered few new bits.

The plan is to get the waterpump on, cambelt and plastic covers plus the boostlogic crank pulley on this week at work.

question I know i remove the 2 pipes from the U shaped top water pipe but is it best to cut them off and weld up?? or just bung them off with pipe??

i see most examples in build threads with a short stub of rubber hose with a bolt and a jubille, being welded up would be nicer to look at though. looks like the builds going really well blw, unlike mine, lol

edit: i thought you ment the pipe that runs around the engine inteself. but top pipe welded for sure, got mine done last week, just cut the stubs off flush, drill out the remaining, and get them puppies welded up.

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

i see most examples in build threads with a short stub of rubber hose with a bolt and a jubille, being welded up would be nicer to look at though. looks like the builds going really well blw, unlike mine, lol

edit: i thought you ment the pipe that runs around the engine inteself. but top pipe welded for sure, got mine done last week, just cut the stubs off flush, drill out the remaining, and get them puppies welded up.

yeah i have not seen a decent pic of one flushed off yet. i think hodge done it but its knowing what page to look at from all the 150 on the thread lol. chin up mate you have more important parts to your build than mine.

yeah i have not seen a decent pic of one flushed off yet. i think hodge done it but its knowing what page to look at from all the 150 on the thread lol. chin up mate you have more important parts to your build than mine.

just checked my phone, no pics sorry, what are these important parts you talk of???? lol, The billet timing belt tensioner bracket hurt me the other day!!!

page 153 post 2288, there is a pic in there where you can see it welded up mate.

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

just checked my phone, no pics sorry, what are these important parts you talk of???? lol, The billet timing belt tensioner bracket hurt me the other day!!!

page 153 post 2288, there is a pic in there where you can see it welded up mate.

you have the turbo kit sorted which is the part i need lol

Yep I did it mate. Tip for ya. When you cut them off, make sure you drill out the sleeves so you can fill the hole with weld otherwise you can only weld over the top and you will end up with a lump where the hoses used to be.

yeah cool cheers john ill get on it this week mate.

i have another question- is it best to stay stock FPR on the fuel rail or get another aftermarket one? i dont have a stock one anyway so either way im going to need one or the other.

Been a busy little morning today.

Got the new oem waterpump bolted on with new o-ring, decided not to polish it as i love the look and contrasts well against the head.

Fitted the new oem cam belt tensioner pulley and then got the gates racing cam belt on, then removed the pin out the tensioner * wanting to do it for ages* grenade style.

fitted the oil filter too, im very happy with that, came out nice in the end.

stood back and looked at the engine, its such a shame to cover all that hard work up ha ha never mind its been fun and atleast i know its all been done correctly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127868&stc=1&d=1299492723

attachment.php?attachmentid=127867&stc=1&d=1299492723

attachment.php?attachmentid=127866&stc=1&d=1299492723

attachment.php?attachmentid=127865&stc=1&d=1299492723

attachment.php?attachmentid=127869&stc=1&d=1299492723

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

The reason I ask, is because I am about to give my supercharger conversion a good polishing, yet like your engine, once reasembled there will be places that will be beyond reach of maintenance and wondered if they would better laquered?

yeah i have clear coated things in the past but with not much luck as heat just mucks it up anyway and causes it to flake, always going to be a problem when polishing something. The cam covers on my non turbo are a nightmare to keep on top of as they dull so quickly

Well the gold bolts and shiny oil pump are now covered :( but i think it looks cool still.

got the lower timing belt cover on and put the 5 titanium bolts in which hold it on, then i Just put the boostlogic crank pulley on and done it up nice and tight.

re fitted the auxillary belt tensioner.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127919&stc=1&d=1299503430

attachment.php?attachmentid=127918&stc=1&d=1299503430

attachment.php?attachmentid=127917&stc=1&d=1299503430

attachment.php?attachmentid=127916&stc=1&d=1299503430

attachment.php?attachmentid=127915&stc=1&d=1299503430

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00397.jpg