The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Accidentally ripped my Do-luck front off today.

Lbm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Well well well.

So I nipped out tonight for some goats cheese. The Mrs wasn't happy with the mould etc forming on her earlier purchase.

I thought, I know, I'll take the Supe out for a little run to get the cheese.

I turned right into our local Tesco express and BANG. The front splitter came clean off followed by a crack down the N/S of the front bumper.

So - that'll be a £400 piece of cheese I guess?

Photos tomorrow as I'm not in the mood tonight.

PS They could only offer me Camembert as an exchange, as the cheesy goat concoction was all gone.

Well well well.

So I nipped out tonight for some goats cheese. The Mrs wasn't happy with the mould etc forming on her earlier purchase.

I thought, I know, I'll take the Supe out for a little run to get the cheese.

I turned right into our local Tesco express and BANG. The front splitter came clean off followed by a crack down the N/S of the front bumper.

So - that'll be a £400 piece of cheese I guess?

Photos tomorrow as I'm not in the mood tonight.

PS They could only offer me Camembert as an exchange, as the cheesy goat concoction was all gone.

Didn't even make it a year!

Damn man :(

I do feel for you (honestly) and hope it doesn't prove to be that costly. My Tesco (well, technically it's not 'mine' as I think Mr Tesco might have something to say about it) has nasty little speed bumps on the way in (and strangely enough on the way out too) and I hate going over them with my asphalt-hugging lowness. I remember how peeved I was when I smashed a side skirt in a car park - I was livid with myself for days afterwards.

If it's an slight consolation I too partly tore off my front bumper getting my Skyline off the trailer in the dark at 7.00 AM this morning at Oulton. I was assigned garage #1 and in the excitement of the "how cool is that" moment forgot to consider just how the paddock slopes at that end of the pitlane. The wife shouted a warning, but too late, the bumper was half off. Half an hour in a puddle with some 6 mm bolts and nylocs and the bloody thing was back on again. I am sure I heard tittering from passers by, but chose to ignore the *an*e*s :) After that a good day of high concentration driving judging the varying grip of Oulton's notoriously fickle just damp surfaces.

I thought for a minute you meant of me lying in a puddle, maybe you did, but I am now thinking you mean in car? No, JB has my camera, I want something with time overlay for next year, for synching purposes, so I flogged it. Pity actually, I had a great ding dong with a rather rapid Evo on slicks when it dried out briefly. It was a good day, but I think that's it for this year, time to get on with my many unfinished jobs.