The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Accidentally ripped my Do-luck front off today.

Lbm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mango Chutney FTW!

Sorry to hear about your No Luck bumper LBM.

My advice would be to strap the cat to the lowest point on it when you get it repaired/replaced.

That way when you bottom out you'll still get the screeching and scraping noises, but it will be to tell you of imminent peril rather than damage already done.

Cats make great rubbing strips.

Top advice, I'll start with the neighbours cat and see how we get on.

sorry to hear it mate! turned into an expensive Indian by the sounds of it!

To be fair, the nice chap at the Indian gave me 10% off, so in a sense, I started the evening ahead, financially :D

And from your experience how does the world treat dwarves these days?

Sorry, little people.

Funny story, and as I am led to believe... true....

Years ago, the Son of one of the guys I work with was getting Married. He decided to have 2 stag parties, one for him and his mates the other for him, his mates and the fathers etc etc. The first one was a jaunt to Manchester. They went for 2 nights. The first night was aparently great fun, so they decided to take it further on the 2nd night with drugs and the like. One of the friends took/had/drank faaaaaar too much and they ended up dragging him up to the room and sticking him in there to sober up/comedown. They kicked the habit and stuck to alcohol all night.

When they got back to the room their mate was sitting rocking on the bed. His shirt was torn and he had scratches all over his body. He was mumbling, muttering and shaking with fear. His mates tried to make sense out of him but nothing was working. They then heard a noise from the cupboard. When they opened it there was a little person tied and gagged in there.... absolutely fuming (as you can imagine).

It turned out that while he was flying high in the room he heard a noise outside. He opened the door and saw a little person walking down the hall. In his hallucination he thought this person was a leprechaun, and thought if he captured him he would get his pot of gold. There was a bit of a tussle hence the scratches and the shirt tearing etc.

The guy was held down there for 3 days while the charges were decided. After apologising daily the little guy eventually dropped the charges much to the delight of the idiot who abducted him.

So... in summary. At times not so well, but the little people are good at turning the other cheek :)

Oh, I'm 6'4 by the way :D

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

What is the property in the background? Sorry to hear of your bumper, I just don't know how people can put up with a car that dictates constant mental torture wondering if it will get over any bit of a hump in the road ;) It's even worse than driving a tall HGV as a daily driver.

What is the property in the background? Sorry to hear of your bumper, I just don't know how people can put up with a car that dictates constant mental torture wondering if it will get over any bit of a hump in the road ;) It's even worse than driving a tall HGV as a daily driver.

Chatelherault palace...

http://www.scotcolour.com/castles/chatelheraultpalace.htm

I am currently parked up in a multi story with the largest speedbump I have ever seen on the way out, been trying to work out how to tackle it. Even if I reverse over it I am going to get trouble coming off it.

Is there a B&Q near by ? pop in and get some cheap 1" thick skirting in 4ft lengths and put infront of the hump then slowly go over the hump, retrieve the wood and be on your way :D

I just don't know how people can put up with a car that dictates constant mental torture wondering if it will get over any bit of a hump in the road ;) It's even worse than driving a tall HGV as a daily driver.

Have to agree having owned a couple of very impractical vehicles in my time. My 6-speed Supra had a Do-Luck front, and whilst it wasnt particularly low it was a car you had to be awake to drive over speedbumps, ramps etc. Also owned an SS-II Celica which was on Tein coilovers and was super low. Had a chance to look at the underside afew times when it was on the ramps, but always declined as I knew there was serious scrapage under there. It got to the stage with that Celica that I ended up taking other cars to places if I wasnt sure what they were like (multistoreys etc.) Your car does really suit the Do-Luck front, get it fixed.

A few shots of last night shenaninnaninanigans!

Probably a bit pointless, as today's snow and ice partially masks the true extent of the damage.

Still, I'm always up for a quick photo op :)

And the driver's side...

Ouch that looks sore. The thing is you COULD have it repaired (is it original) but it probably won't be as strong as before. Fingers crossed that nothing else has been effected, it certainly doesn't look like they have.

You could get away with an extra inch front and 1/2 inch rear no bother, without spoiling the look. It really is slammed at the moment.

Ouch that looks sore. The thing is you COULD have it repaired (is it original) but it probably won't be as strong as before. Fingers crossed that nothing else has been effected, it certainly doesn't look like they have.

You could get away with an extra inch front and 1/2 inch rear no bother, without spoiling the look. It really is slammed at the moment.

been on the phone this afternoon to a few peeps.

I'm taking it down early new year for bodyshop to have a gander.

If ok, they'll fix and paint.

Then some HSDs -thanks to Scott and Jamie.

Then a full Geo set up, probably at Wheels In Motion.

Not the end to the year I was looking for, but that was yesterday. Now it's quite exciting really.

If it makes you feel any better. Those photos are really great quality, love the blur :cool:. Your car also looks really clean, not an easy feat in the recent weather :thumbs:

Thanks for that. Got to love a bit of blur ;)