Single Shopping list - I need your input

Scott

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think building up is better than going straight into it though. Stock TT --> BPU --> 550bhp Single --> 750, etc etc

Agree, Its good to go through the various stages, gets you use to the power, less likely to have a big off, but does cost more doing it that way, ive had to change just about everything from my original set up.

My main problem is I've spent too much time on Supraforums of late ;)

But there are quite a few 550bhp singles, but they start looking not so quick when you see 850+ singles, so in that respect, they are tame COMPARED to what has already been done.

Anyway after having driven and done trackdays in the old caterham that was running about 500BHP per tonne then most things feel tame on acceleration and I miss that.

I can't imagine you'd ever get that same sensation in a Supra, the Caterhams size and ride height are part of the reason they seem so rapid. Single Supras really get into their own beyond legal speed limits. Even a BPU Supra will see off most things over 60mph, a single will be alot faster.

I think building up is better than going straight into it though. Stock TT --> BPU --> 550bhp Single --> 750, etc etc

Totally agree, as Jamie says it's more expensive but you know your car inside out when it's high power which is invaluble when things seem slightly off

2 x -12AN weldons to the cam covers, vent to atmosphere. Huge thread on it by Jevansio.

Defo how I'd do it if a did it again, I'm just going to have to take 2nd best and use 2 x -10 instead.

I'll be going for either a boostlogic or HKS Ti eventually....... along with a fresh remap. I know it's a waste of money in the long run but it means I can get the car running and enjoy it for a bit before buying the added extras :)

When you say duct it, do you mean box it in Darryl? I'm hoping to do something along the lines of what Jay and some other guys have done, seal it onto the bonnet with some shielding :)

Sure someone had a HKS Ti for sale at the mo who would do a good deal :innocent:

How much area does your filter have, the K&N I have is 8" x 7" diam = 175" sq of filter area. If you do decide to go for a cone filter you are welcome to the remains of my cold air box, I removed the lid (but it's still intact), but chopped a bit of the side away as I was reworking it, it'd be better than nothing

I can't imagine you'd ever get that same sensation in a Supra, the Caterhams size and ride height are part of the reason they seem so rapid. Single Supras really get into their own beyond legal speed limits. Even a BPU Supra will see off most things over 60mph, a single will be alot faster.

I bet mine don't feel far off at the mo :D, the seats are on the floor, and running a conservative estimated 700bhp (true 650rhhp) and approx 1320kg its at least 530bhp/tonne, once you add a driver the Supra's power to weight is even more impressive as a human is a lot bigger % to a caterham

Sure someone had a HKS Ti for sale at the mo who would do a good deal :innocent:

How much area does your filter have, the K&N I have is 8" x 7" diam = 175" sq of filter area. If you do decide to go for a cone filter you are welcome to the remains of my cold air box, I removed the lid (but it's still intact), but chopped a bit of the side away as I was reworking it, it'd be better than nothing

Would have been in like a dog eating beetroot bud, but I've got no spare cash at all at the moment..... or in the near future as it is all going to JP lol.

No way the ARC is that big, I think it is around 100" sq. If I keep the ARC I will be going with a seal of some sort, don't suppose it would work with it?

I've got JP's filter etc coming, the one that drops into the side of the bumper. So if it is a restiction I will run that way :)

Would have been in like a dog eating beetroot bud, but I've got no spare cash at all at the moment..... or in the near future as it is all going to JP lol.

No way the ARC is that big, I think it is around 100" sq. If I keep the ARC I will be going with a seal of some sort, don't suppose it would work with it?

I've got JP's filter etc coming, the one that drops into the side of the bumper. So if it is a restiction I will run that way :)

If you need to modify the ARC I would just sell it onto someone at BPU level and use Jamies, the air down there will be super cool, I had mine there for a bit but moved it back into the bay as it got gunked up (no undertray on due to FMIC size)

If you need to modify the ARC I would just sell it onto someone at BPU level and use Jamies, the air down there will be super cool, I had mine there for a bit but moved it back into the bay as it got gunked up (no undertray on due to FMIC size)

It's purdy though :D

I would be very surprised if the ARC was a bottleneck after being modded. It's a 10" panel filter that breathes very easily, at 2.5-3" it would probably bottle neck though.

I don't think think the ARC filter would restrict flow at all, as you say there is a big filtration area. If need be you could get the pipe cut off the back and new one welded on to fit.

Some pics I found

attachment.php?attachmentid=55381&d=1176276325

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I don't think think the ARC filter would restrict flow at all, as you say there is a big filtration area. If need be you could get the pipe cut off the back and a larger diameter one welded on.

That's what I'm hoping :D

I'll suck it and see..... not literally though.

Thinking about a 10" square with a 4" dia hole at the back, even with the filter which IMO is pretty good, I don't think it will take a lot of energy to draw the air in.

Mine probably flows less than the ARC Scott, and it's no restriction at all.

Sounds good, yeah they look similar. I reckon the filter on the ARC would probably be less of a restriction than the panel filter, so if you are seeing no bottleneck it is looking good for me :D

Regarding the clutch.. Then I have the SB stage 3 and after some pedal adjustments, and the change of slavecylinder(very easy to do) and some careful driving around 400 miles, it stopped being just trouble and started being awesome..:) So if you can live with a little tickering in the start, then you are set for a really good clutch.. Mine has maximum 20% heavier than stock now and bites perfect. Though still a little low bite point, but not really a problem

Sounds good, yeah they look similar. I reckon the filter on the ARC would probably be less of a restriction than the panel filter, so if you are seeing no bottleneck it is looking good for me :D

That's what I thought, mine hits 1.5 bar easily... I reckon it'd do more, but my Whifbitz twin box exhaust is the next restriction.

• 5 months later...

Right I'm bumping this back up as I am getting close to the "big spend" areas.

Stuff bought or in place....

FMIC

SSQV2 Dump Valve

AFR Gauge

EGT Gauge

Boost Gauge

Oil Pressure/Temperature Gauge

New Oil Pump

New Water Pump

Front Main Seal

RSR GT2 Exhaust

ARC Induction Kit

AEM Induction kit (the one that JP had)

ASI Radiator

T4 Boostlogic Manifold

4" Boostlogic Downpipe

4" Boostlogic Midpipe

Oil Feed & Return Lines

GSC Cams

900cc Bosch Injectors

FIC Twin Feed Fuel Rail

Tial Wastegate

Toyota Gasket Kit

Exhaust Manifold Nuts

Crank Pulley Bolt

Timing Belt

Aux Belt

Titanium Springs/Retainers

What I'm Looking at...

4" Exhaust (Probably HKS)

Precision 6765 DBB Turbo, 0.81A/R, Ported H Cover with Anti-Surge

RPS Carbon/Carbon Twin Plate Clutch

Bosch 044 Fuel Pump

Titan Crank Pulley

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

Solaris S6 ECU

Service Pack

Fuel Lines from Filter to rail including split & return

It's looking like most of the above will be coming from America so I'll need to wait till I have the lump sum ready to pay for it all. I just want to make sure that I haven't missed anything out that I should maybe be coupling in with the above order.

I don't have the lump sum ready quite yet but I have a fair whack set aside for anything that should come up. If anyone knows of any of the above up for sale give me a shout :)

Thanks for all your input so far guys, getting to the end of the shopping list. Have I missed anything?

Cheers

Thanks mate, added. For the sake of a couple of hundered quid it would be silly not to :)

Edit: Just found it on the MVP website, it was named a little differently but once I saw the picture I found it no bother. $315.

Na not going to bother with a heatshield or anything like that. I did think about a turbo blanket but I was told the precision turbos don't like TOO much heat so I'll leave it open and see how it goes.

Need to be extra careful with everything around it though :)

Na not going to bother with a heatshield or anything like that. I did think about a turbo blanket but I was told the precision turbos don't like TOO much heat so I'll leave it open and see how it goes.

Need to be extra careful with everything around it though :)

Scott, I've been running a turbo blanket with my precision turbo for 3 years now.