The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Shopping list - I need your input

Scott

My HKS turbo kit and PT journal billet 6765 cost £3600 all in to my door. The quality is second to none and for the price your getting HKS quality and reliabilty.

Maybe something to think about.

That sounds like a good shout. Was that an HKS tubular manifold? If so that sounds like a fantastic deal.

scot there is a brand new billet version out at end of month gtx3582r good for tween 450/750bhp might be worth a look at, personally i think the jump from bpu 400/450hp up to 700hp is to much, i got a spin in cheifgrovers supra 700roughly hp and in my opinion it was undrivable it was insane, i think even 100hp over bpu so arond 550hp should be your goal and see if its enough hp, if not then turn up the boost to get another 100hp, that be 650hp. i would not destroy your car its a minter on trying for 700+hp when maybe 550 might be enough for ya

As said, I will rarely be using the 700hp on tap. I am aiming to have 2 boost maps and in gear boost restrictions to make it a little more liveable on the street. I'm not sure how much boost I can cut between maps but if I could have ITRO 550 and ITRO 700 I would be over the moon.

You are joking about polishing right?

No, what do I need to have polished?

I also think you'll only be seeing IRO 600hp going for a 6765 with 264's, if you want to push bhp boundaris you're gonna need to go bigger, maybe a billet 74? BTW I accept no responsibility if this pops your engine :D

As per Jamies reply a few people have hit over 700. I don't want to push the turbo to its absolute limit so the fact that he and Jamesy both hit over 700 makes me think I may have a little wiggle room capping it there.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott, forget the nit picking over your power level, you have already stated you are aware of the consequences so the thread would be better if we just left it at that.

The list looks pretty complete, I would advise scanning the SupraForums for sale section to find parts for your build at a good price/quality, they seem to have a lot more "single turbo goodies" go through than we do

Good shout there Jay. I'll wait till I have a few K in my bank, so that I don't pull out the plastic friend, and then I'll start giving my mind treats over there.

I take it regardless of the shipping costs there are still a few £££'s to be saved buying from there?

You gotta be drunk tonight:D

6765 will do much more than 600bhp on 264's, i did 730 on 256 cams and a stock engine at SRR, as it turned out the blades on the turbo was melted when i did that, 6765 will do 800 UK bhp with the right setup imo.

Jamesy's car is classic proof of that - SRD Cams + 6765 + Syvecs (and supporting mods) = 742bhp. So, follow this and get a conservative 700 at lower boost. Job done IMO.

You gotta be drunk tonight:D

6765 will do much more than 600bhp on 264's, i did 730 on 256 cams and a stock engine at SRR, as it turned out the blades on the turbo was melted when i did that, 6765 will do 800 UK bhp with the right setup imo.

Also 730 at what boost, you ran that thing to the ragged edge, Scott don't want that, who else has a T67 264 setup running 700 as a weekend toy ?

Also, what's the greddy/q45 worth, didn't jamie pickup 30rwhp on his old setup? And the 280 9.9 cams over the 264 9.0 cams, that's gotta be 60rwhp, subtract that off jamsesys 742.

So we really think we can bolt a 67 on and 264s and see 700hp, I'm going to shut up now and await the build thread and dyno chart

Yeah i got out the wrong side of bed this morning :D

Also, what's the greddy/q45 worth, didn't jamie pickup 30rwhp on his old setup? And the 280 9.9 cams over the 264 9.0 cams, that's gotta be 60rwhp, subtract that off jamsesys 742.

So we really think we can bolt a 67 on and 264s and see 700hp, I'm going to shut up now and await the build thread and dyno chart

Yeah i got out the wrong side of bed this morning :D

Morning Grumpy :)

I think Jamesy's running 1.8bar with the SRD stage 2 cams and the Greddu/Q45 - so as you say, take the 30whp off and you're still over 700bhp, which is Scott's upper limit - althuogh I think that even with 650bhp he will be fine. It's all in the delivery :)

My 730bhp was at 1.8 bar with a very sick turbo on mild 256 cams, everything else in the engine was stock, an old cast wheel T61 will do over 600bhp as proven by pig years back.

We have already spoke of what the stock engine will do, I thought we was talking about what power a 6765 will do.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Morning Grumpy :)

I think Jamesy's running 1.8bar with the SRD stage 2 cams and the Greddu/Q45 - so as you say, take the 30whp off and you're still over 700bhp, which is Scott's upper limit - althuogh I think that even with 650bhp he will be fine. It's all in the delivery :)

Why did you only take 30 off, Scott is not intending to run greddy/q45 or 280 cams?

My 730bhp was at 1.8 bar with a very sick turbo on mild 256 cams, everything else in the engine was stock, an old cast wheel T61 will do over 600bhp as proven by pig years back.

We have already spoke of what the stock engine will do, I thought we was talking about what power a 6765 will do.

We are talking of what the 6765 will do, and I'm still sceptical that a 6765 with 264's will net 700hp. Sure if you do 1 run with high boost to get the figure so you can brag to your mates then fine it's possible, but what a waste of time that is, it's like "yeah I got a 700hp Supra, but I only run it at 600 on the road as it might break", so really you got a 600bhp Supra.

i could shoot a tank of racefuel in mine and get a 800 figure if i wanted, just so i could put it in my sig, but I'd rather have my quoted power as being what I run on the road at the boost I run day in day out, not some one off special run :D

PS I'm not in an angry mood I'm just ready for a big debate, not had one in a while :D

I was only mentioning that Jamesy had a 6765, SRD cams (269 duration and 9.9mm), Syvecs and supporting mods (i.e. greddy/q45) and got 742bhp - he said Bingo. I left it there, you never... It's a guideline for him.

yeah, and i told you scott never had a greddy/q45 (-30rwhp) and wasn't planning on running 280 9.9 (-60rwhp), and you went on to subtract 30 saying Scott could still have his upper limit of 700, well he can't as he ain't running 280 9.9 cams?

yeah, and i told you scott never had a greddy/q45 (-30rwhp) and wasn't planning on running 280 9.9 (-60rwhp), and you went on to subtract 30 saying Scott could still have his upper limit of 700, well he can't as he ain't running 280 9.9 cams?

No no - I said he could have around 700bhp - Jamie had 730bhp on 256's?

Scott's asking for input on various things - and I used Jamesy's car as an example. Scott had budgeted for an RLTC and a boost controller, so by removing those (because he was already going Syvecs) I suggested cams as a "freebie" - hence my thought process.

Fook it I'm oot before I get into trouble :/

Mate, your first post said itro 600bhp for a 6765 with Scotts spec, my old cast T67 with a tiny .68 hotside did 630bhp at 1.8bar on a stock unopened engine and i did over 15k like that, imo a billet 6765 with a .81 or .96 hotside and 264 cams should do an easy 700bhp, id be gutted if it didnt and wonder whats wrong.

fuuuucccking hell Jev you're like a dog with a bone today :D

as has been mentioned, i would be amazed if a Billet 6765 dbb didnt hit 700hp even with mild supporting mods.

The Greddy plenum and Q45 are great additions if you can stretch to them and as for canms you can drop in a set of 264's without any headwork.