The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Shopping list - I need your input

Scott

I'm looking at the ARP studs, according to the writeup they mention 75lbs capacity for torquing. Would I be right in saying that I just follow the manual with regards to everything other than the torque.... or will there be a different set of instructions with the studs?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott, I've been running a turbo blanket with my precision turbo for 3 years now.

Probably nothing to worry about given how hard I'll be driving the car but I can only go with what other people have said regarding the shortcomings of the precision turbos. I'm not one to argue with Ryan G ;)

That looks a little toasty. Some heatshields I have seen in a lot of builds will do nothing to combat that sort of heat anyway.

I'm looking at the ARP studs, according to the writeup they mention 75lbs capacity for torquing. Would I be right in saying that I just follow the manual with regards to everything other than the torque.... or will there be a different set of instructions with the studs?

They come with their own special molybdenum grease and instructions for installation and torque settings. I always torque rod bolts to a stretch figure, rather than a torque figure, but you can't do that with studs in blind holes, of course.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

They come with their own special molybdenum grease and instructions for installation and torque settings. I always torque rod bolts to a stretch figure, rather than a torque figure, but you can't do that with studs in blind hoes, of course.

Ideal, thanks :)