The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

The performance of the belt and modified pulleys remain a fystery until tested.

I'm giving Mr T's upgrade a try, before reinventing the wheel to fix something that isn't broken. :think:

Should a fixed tensioner be required, I can redeploy the mountings and replace the damper with an adjustable tie bar.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received an e-mail from Garrett Rowe at Latent Solutions U.S. re. the Suprastick, he has found and repaired an iffy connection on the serial port, but other than that it appears O.K. :)

Still no news from the engineer re. the MkV PAS pulley adapter :think: and I continue to search for an MT6 damper assembly. :search:

Nevertheless, courtesy of Matt Wilkinson, at long last there is a T.T. throttle cable on it's way. :)

Thank you. :thumbs:

I am really looking forwards to incorporating this and the cruise cable from Keron then progressing to DEFCON 4. :)

The engineer engaged to make the Mk5 PAS pulley adapter has returned from his 2 week holiday, however, he is now off work ill with anaemia, so I can't get on with that job. :(

Several promises of MT6 damper assembly components remain empty, so I can't get on with that job. :(

The third T.T. throttle cable hasn't turned up yet, so I can't get on with that job either. :(

The 'impossible' jobs in this project were done before breakfast and the 'miracles' were performed in the afternoon, however, these 'simple' elements have been dragging on for almost a year now and are beginning to drive me up the wall. :looney:

Other than bulging a bonnet, which must wait until the conversion is fitted, with the MkV adaptor and these final OE bits and pieces it would only take a weekend to be up and growling.

I could of course buy new from Mr T. yet it's frustrating to pay through the nose and maybe with the other end too, whilst knowing serviceable items are gathering dust in someone's shed.

Can't be that expensive new, surely?

Hope you don't think me over familiar calling you surely.....?

O.K. Hosea. :limp:

These items are either in service or in a bin, I have been beaten to a couple of them by refuse collectors. :rolleyes:

Toyodiy say's $57.41 and Mr T. predictably :think: mostly massages the $ into £! :faint:

I suspect :think: I may need to fabricate a stronger version from steel and the 16621 could be just a pattern. :blink:

I made a few :telephone: calls and sent a few :sos: p.m's. today and probably/maybe :stink: the trail is getting warmer.

It's only a matter of time before :run: I beat the bin men. :trophy:

Nevertheless, :shrug: these few bits are fighting to the last :lame: and now it would appear, the T.T. throttle cable Matt had sent to me, :think:

has maybe fallen out the back of a Royal Snail van, because it didn't arrive here, :( so that AWAL item goes back onto the list. :shrug:

I hope the top bracket coming from Scott gets here. :search:

:think: Adam, have either of those cables you offered :whistle: been found or become available ? :meeting:

Barney,

The project has been stalled for ages now for these few simple parts, like waiting for buses, :think: none for ages then two at once. :)

Chris,

Curious that the belt gets tighter as GM tensioner begins to fail, is that the case with a Supra?

my rear bearings failed on mine ,interesting as i have a manual tensioner.I take it they mean if the bearings in the tensioner start to go and cause resistance to the charger in such a way that too much is loaded back onto the small rear needle bearings.

Counting my eggs before they've hatched; :think:

T.T. Throttle cable - is in the post. :mail:

Adjustable damper - will be posted today. :mail:

Bottom block - should be in the post on Tuesday. :mail:

Pulley adaptor - promised for next weekend.:mobile:

With a fair wind and clear sky, :think: as long as the cows aren't laying down in the field,

next weekend the project could be in fear of progressing to DEFCON 4/3? :)

Update on the great post race.

Scooters bottom bracket won, arriving on Tuesday. Thank you. :thumbs:

The gas damper had two fictitious failed deliveries and I received an e-mailed bill of £20 to send it back to whence it came!

A couple of 'I've really had enough' phone calls later, resulted with a special delivery at 8pm this evening followed by a dismissal.

The lost and then found and then posted again throttle cable, has now been lost again.

The engineer making the adaptor has lost the ability to answer his telephone.

It's no wonder why this country is ****** up.

Here's a pic of the collated Supra treasures; Robbie's tensioner, Scott's top bracket, Scooter's bottom bracket and the SGS adjustable damper.

I plan to cut the mounts off Scott's dead damper, and weld 6mm x 1.0 female threads onto them to fit the ends of new strut.

It turns out that the struts 5 to 25kg adjust-ability is a one-way affair and can be reduced only.

attachment.php?attachmentid=138357&d=1315002470

sc65 001-1.JPG