The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my dream car

Guest inviziblex

i think i only need to post one link here and a quote from wikipedia...

http://www.ikbis.com/WahedMenAlnaas/shot/82355?locale=en-US

And it wasnt that he didnt know how to control a rear drive car. Nick was/is a pro drifter i believe according to wiki.

If i had got a single or even a TT when i was your ages i would definately have written the car off or injured other people by now. Ive narrowly missed hitting 2 kids on bikes when the rear end got away from me... and that was in a stock NA.

Was that Hulk Hogan's son?

If you do build the car you want it will more than likely end in tears. As mentioned previously get a TT then when you learn about the car maybe then bpu it. Save your money for going single in the future, that's my plan :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these threads where someone in their late teens is ready to buy a supra and asks for advise. It always turns into advise being offered to get a slower car and build up to a supra.....then the toys are thrown out of the pram by the teenager and screams of 'but I want a supra and I want it now!' haha.

No offence meant, I would have said exactly the same when I was that age. Now I look back and think if I had this car back then I would 100% have wrapped it around a tree.

Guest inviziblex

i want to make a part list but i have no idea what parts i need thats why i made this thread to get help with parts lets just say i already have the 1996 supra what parts will i need it will have no TT just a normal supra i know i want to buy an engine with TT VVti in it but i have no idea what is a good one

i want to make a part list but i have no idea what parts i need thats why i made this thread to get help with parts lets just say i already have the 1996 supra what parts will i need it will have no TT just a normal supra i know i want to buy an engine with TT VVti in it but i have no idea what is a good one

Do you have $50,000 + to spend to make your Supra run a VVTi engine ? that's how much you will spend at the least if you buy a regular SZ non-turbo. The cost will add up very quickly especially since a shop will be building the car up (labour costs a lot).

you do realize that you need to replace so much on the car.. transmission, clutch, brakes, wheels, and soo much more to be able to handle that power, not to mention mostly engine parts.

just take a look at this for EXAMPLE:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=205973

£39,000.42, which is roughly $63,000 Canadian ONLY IN PARTS. This car was also originally a TT.

why the heck do you need a VVTi engine in a NA Supra? the smartest thing is just buy a 1996 Twin Turbo 6-speed Supra and make it single turbo on the original 2JZ-GTE after a while, what more do you honestly need?

do you even know how to drive manual? by the sounds of it, doesn't seem like it.

you just gotta open your eyes a bit more and mature, but unless your really rich at 17 years old do what you want.

and btw no one is going to find parts for you, you need to do that yourself obviously... the list will be very long..

Edited by msupra (see edit history)

Young man you have a lot to learn about the supra world. Dont just think you can go for a million hp your parents will be spending a small fortune on parts.

Dont go jumping in with both feet. Its seems to me you havnt done any research other wise you wouldnt have to ask some of the questions you have.

I started off with a nova 1.3sr :D .... Then onto a Renualt 5GT Turbo. I nearly killed myself in the latter and that was at 18 so id advise u learn how to drive a quick car before u try and drive a fuuuucking quick one.

If you're gonna be stubborn then id just get a ready made single and save thousands. ;)

You could buy an n/a, and fit it with a 72mm flux capacitor. I think they mount laterally on an n/a because the the different inlet manifold.

If you get an Emmet Brown one, they'll ship it overnight to Canada from Japan. Have heard of the Brown capacitors making 800ish bhp on an n/a motor, nice linear torque/bhp curves too

Worth a look

Experience helps in driving cars like these, you have to remember they are in the same league are Ferrari's & Lambo's well in performance anyway. Imagine spending $40k on a build and then crashing it after driving it for 2 days!

I can assure you that even a TT will scare the hell out of you.

Anyway what do you currently drive, history of cars?

You could buy an n/a, and fit it with a 72mm flux capacitor. I think they mount laterally on an n/a because the the different inlet manifold.

If you get an Emmet Brown one, they'll ship it overnight to Canada from Japan. Have heard of the Brown capacitors making 800ish bhp on an n/a motor, nice linear torque/bhp curves too

Worth a look

emmet brown capacitors , takes me back :)

Im 20 and only just got my first car (1.4 pug 306). When i was at your age i always thought my first car was going to be a TT supra, but i seen sense. Its a fact that i would kill/seriously injure myself and possibly others with one of these in my hands, probably even now. Half the reason i haven't bothered to learn to drive up until now is i didn't trust myself behind the wheel of a car (even a small powered car). I was faaar to stupid and probably wouldn't be here just now! Anyhoooo,

Now that ive got a bit more sense, i figured it best to sign up here and learn whats needed. I don't plan on owning a supra for a good 2 years until ive gained some experience on the roads. My plan is to buy a smaller powered rear wheel drive car somewhere between now and owning a supra, to try get a handle on how rwd cars act in the wet etc (probably an old BMW or something along those lines)

As for the supra, i'll be on here every day until i own one, reading up what i can so that when the time comes ill know whats needed to maintain or modify etc. Iv'e always planned on having a Single, and as much as i'd love to jump straight into one, i'll be going NA first so i can get a feel for the car and how it reacts etc. When i've got the NA it'll stay standard and at that point i'll be starting to save for the TT, then when i get used to TT power and l eventually want more i'll go single (if i can afford it).

It might be more expensive in the long run doing it this way, but i think taking your time and getting to know the cars and gain experience with a smaller powered supra will help a lot in the long run. :)

Apologies for the rather long post, but that's where i'm at in a similar situation. I think all this talk of owning a 3.4l stroker etc when your 17/18 will just end in tragedy.

Im 20 and only just got my first car (1.4 pug 306). When i was at your age i always thought my first car was going to be a TT supra, but i seen sense. Its a fact that i would kill/seriously injure myself and possibly others with one of these in my hands, probably even now. Half the reason i haven't bothered to learn to drive up until now is i didn't trust myself behind the wheel of a car (even a small powered car). I was faaar to stupid and probably wouldn't be here just now! Anyhoooo,

Now that ive got a bit more sense, i figured it best to sign up here and learn whats needed. I don't plan on owning a supra for a good 2 years until ive gained some experience on the roads. My plan is to buy a smaller powered rear wheel drive car somewhere between now and owning a supra, to try get a handle on how rwd cars act in the wet etc (probably an old BMW or something along those lines)

As for the supra, i'll be on here every day until i own one, reading up what i can so that when the time comes ill know whats needed to maintain or modify etc. Iv'e always planned on having a Single, and as much as i'd love to jump straight into one, i'll be going NA first so i can get a feel for the car and how it reacts etc. When i've got the NA it'll stay standard and at that point i'll be starting to save for the TT, then when i get used to TT power and l eventually want more i'll go single (if i can afford it).

It might be more expensive in the long run doing it this way, but i think taking your time and getting to know the cars and gain experience with a smaller powered supra will help a lot in the long run. :)

Apologies for the rather long post, but that's where i'm at in a similar situation. I think all this talk of owning a 3.4l stroker etc when your 17/18 will just end in tragedy.

^ do this.

:thumbs:

Edited by redtwinturbo
spelling (see edit history)

Guest inviziblex

this is going to be my first car its just a matter of when i will get all the work done to it and also my parents are not buying shit for me i am buying it all i never had a sweet 16 or anything like that we are kinda poor and i have always wanted a supra ever since i was 14 but just resently looked into getting one and the prices

It's not a Supra, but it combines a slightly lesser budget (actually this may not be true) and dolphins, as per Andrew's earlier suggestion.

I say dolphins, I mean sharks. I say sharks, I mean shark.

Anyway, if the Supra is not availble to the Op at the moment, get one of these:

Glad to be of service :)

Edit: It does look like a dolphin. Apologies.

Jz0BbIGbCCM

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

It might be more expensive in the long run doing it this way, but i think taking your time and getting to know the cars and gain experience with a smaller powered supra will help a lot in the long run.

For christ sake listen to this guy:rolleyes: I'm 43 been driving since I was 17 and I started with an NA at 38. Too many Sups end up wrapped around something because of the power, rear wheel drive and lack of experiance(stupidity). My son is you age and will go no where near the Sup for a few years yet :slapped:

Silly boy simply isnt listening. I just hope if he is telling the truth and he does buy one that he doesnt wipe a family out - learning the hard way what everyone on here has tried to tell him.

An N/A can get away from an inexperienced driver very easily.. so I would imagine anything bigger is a ticking time bomb.

Id like to hear how this money has been accumulated at that age too..