The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my dream car

Guest inviziblex

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much to learn, sir. :)

no, seriously aren't they 280hp though? 276 to be exact. This is the first time I've heard this. Maybe you are talking about the UKDM version? I personally know nothing about the UKDM since I've only read about USDM and JDM.

quoted directly from wikipedia.

276 hp (206 kW; 280 PS) and 318 ft·lb (431 N·m) of torque for the Japanese version

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Supra

they have different turbo, smaller injectors, etc... how are they 320hp stock? please explain.

Japanese Supra's were limited to 280hp, just like many other sports cars in this generation.

Edited by msupra (see edit history)

no, seriously aren't they 280hp though? 276 to be exact.

276 hp (206 kW; 280 PS) and 318 ft·lb (431 N·m) of torque for the Japanese version

they have different turbo, injectors, etc... how are they 320hp stock? please explain.

Japanese Supra's were limited to 280hp, just like many other sports cars in this generation.

that it's just words, most of the japanese stock cars have made 300~320 hp when tested here in UK

I don't know if it was anything to do with the limitations in Japan, but even an imported stock TT engine for transplant normally ends up 326bhp.

I reckon it could be the limitations to comply with the Japanese law (same as with the 112mph limit).

Essentially, a Japanese stock TT is still at similar power levels.

he'll just read and learn as he won't be getting it for a while ^

I think...... :)

I don't know if it was anything to do with the limitations in Japan, but even an imported stock TT engine for transplant normally ends up 326bhp.

I reckon it could be the limitations to comply with the Japanese law (same as with the 112mph limit).

that's impressive because they have downgraded engine parts and making same power as the US models.

I just read on wiki that it makes 276 hp at 4,800rpm. So maybe if it's pushed to it's full potential it will end up with the 320hp.

nice .

So whats the outcome of the situation back over here then? :)

I take it the Dophins weren't that good :rolleyes:

Nothing happening here, must be bedtime in Canada for the youngsters :D

Actually we have moved on to the old 280 320 hp debate :D can't say im too interested in that as ive got over 400 so :p to all the stockers :D

no, seriously aren't they 280hp though? 276 to be exact. This is the first time I've heard this. Maybe you are talking about the UKDM version? I personally know nothing about the UKDM since I've only read about USDM and JDM.

they have different turbo, smaller injectors, etc... how are they 320hp stock? please explain.

Dyno a JDM Supra and it'll be ~320 (providing it's stock).

The "280bhp" (well, 276) was to do with the "gentleman's agreement":

The mutually-agreed, industry-wide output ceiling was enforced by Japan's now-defunct Gentlemen's Agreement, exclusively between Japanese automakers selling to the Japanese domestic market.

They didn't actually stick to this. They just said they'd agree to cap the cars at this output level.

In the same breath, dyno a 34GTR. They're not 280 either ;)

I reckon it could be the limitations to comply with the Japanese law (same as with the 112mph

The reason for this is because of gentlemans agreement between jap car manufacturers to not produce a car with over 280hp, something limiting competition and development costs. Anyway Toyota lied and said the JDM supra produced 280hp, when it was in fact about 320hp, I believe it's the same for JDM skylines and other jap sports cars.

yep especailly the R34 GT-R, that car puts up some impressive numbers (I've heard around 330-350bhp) ?

that's good to know, When they become legal here in 2013 I might just get a regular R34 2.5L single turbo model for a daily driver since they are cheap last time I checked :D

so many more options with the japanese cars compared to all the other borning cars.

yep especailly the R34 GT-R, that car puts up some impressive numbers (I've heard around 330-350bhp) ?

that's good to know, When they become legal here in 2013 I might just get a regular R34 2.5L single turbo model for a daily driver since they are cheap last time I checked :D

so many more options with the japanese cars compared to all the other borning cars.

it must be hard to watch F&F.. :D

Canada has strict regulations on importing cars from any country of origin. The rule states that if a car is under 15 years of age, it cannot arrive to its destination. No need to fret since cars from Japan maintains a very good condition. To import cars from Japan into Canada, you simply have to abide by the same policy.

:)

I got mine when i was 16...trust me plan ahead, but make sure you do it properly, don t just say you want to twin turbo it and have it stroked to 3.4, make a list of every single part you want to go on the car and keep that as a side thing.

Get the car first, trust us. I was in your shoes once..not aiming for the kind of stuff you are though, i got me a nice crashed non turbo to play with:)

Juming into supra will only bring you stress, i was lucky i got to strip one down and learn them in and out:)

i think i only need to post one link here and a quote from wikipedia...

http://www.ikbis.com/WahedMenAlnaas/shot/82355?locale=en-US

Nicholas Allan Bollea (born July 27, 1990),

Bollea was involved in a serious car accident on August 26, 2007 for which he spent May 9, 2008 to October 21, 2008 in Pinellas County jail. In the accident, a former close friend, John Graziano, was injured severely. As a result, Graziano, an Iraq war veteran, will require 24-hour-a-day care for the rest of his life.

And it wasnt that he didnt know how to control a rear drive car. Nick was/is a pro drifter i believe according to wiki.

If i had got a single or even a TT when i was your ages i would definately have written the car off or injured other people by now. Ive narrowly missed hitting 2 kids on bikes when the rear end got away from me... and that was in a stock NA.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

lol, 18 , big twins and stroked,

goodbye.

atleast it seems ther will be pleanty of money for a nice box to put you in .

though cremation is reccomended after crashes at those kind of speeds.

at 19 i thaught i could drive and my na nearly ended me a few times , be sensible fella