The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my dream car

Guest inviziblex

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got to drive with turbos mate, lets clear this up

1) you buy a non turbo, which has no turbo's funny enough.

2) buy a tt which has 2 turbos and can bpu to give around 400bhp

3) buy a tt and put a huge single turbo on it and stroker kit if wanted but equals serious money figures and traction problems and possible death

4) keep saving for...........

oh buying it clean? what like a bare shell?

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

well how much HP you think a 3.0 2jz TT will have?

sounds like your on ground zero bro, lol.

go to wikipedia and read about it.

non-turbo supra's are 220hp

twin turbo at 280hp

btw to build a stroker supra you'll need to spend about $50,000-$80,000 at the very least. You can't just throw an engine into a car with high amount of HP. You need to replace everything! It will add up very quickly.

I've read some build threads of Supra's. I know a guy from Miami spend about $200,000 into his supra just go get it 1000hp single turbo and fully restored it with everything new and top notch...

Get onto the facts mate. Lots of facts.

You need to know about:

-----------------------------------------------------

2JZ-GE (N/A) & 2JZ-GTE (TT) (not all mechanically, power facts will do).

Rear wheel drive and handling (Driving sideways which WILL happen to you with your experience as it stands).

The REAL costs of buying and maintaining a Supra.

Driving in the rain/snow.

-----------------------------------------------------

It's seriously a better idea to build-up with any car before hand, making sure you don't drive inexperienced because you'll land yourself in trouble whatever the weather.

So you're looking to get a non-turbo?

trust me you are getting WAY ahead of yourself (no offsene intended). I bought mine with my own moeny at 17 (1993 5spd NA) so I can relate.

you have no idea how fast a stock TT 6-spd it. 280hp with 300+ lbs of torque is. I've driven R35, Lamborghini's, etc around the age of 17 and so on so this says a lot. If you even do a $#@!in do a single turbo that's an automatic beast right away!

what part of Canada are you from? and what will you be using a 3.4l 800hp + supra for exactly ?

320 ;)

I wanted to get a Supra first as well, but it made much more sense to get something else to learn to drive in. It's not even as much about your own ability as getting used to general etiquette of the roads as in how everyone else drives! ;)

Wait it out and go for the Supra down the line a little once you're more accomplished. You'll appreciate it more :)

320 ;)

I wanted to get a Supra first as well, but it made much more sense to get something else to learn to drive in. It's not even as much about your own ability as getting used to general etiquette of the roads as in how everyone else drives! ;)

Wait it out and go for the Supra down the line a little once you're more accomplished. You'll appreciate it more :)

He said he wants one from Japan, those are 280hp :p

320hp is from the North American models