The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full respray and rebuild

Guest adam b

Cool spoiler, love custom spoilers! please please dont just put filler over the foam, soak fibreglass resin into it, then use fibreglass filler, shave it then use normal filler, looks good man!:)

i allready have all the fiberglass resin and fiberglass filler.;)

i wouldent dream of usein filler man.:blink:thats what i call a crap job.

my arche,s are made the same way from fiberglass resin and filler.

took me over 3 weeks to get them right.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Abflug rear, any chance you can weigh it Adam before putting it on?

of course i can mate ,il buy some fishing scales and weigh it monday for you bud.;)

im very pleased with it.:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi to all my respray thread is now back on track.

im back to the grind,,i went over to kerons place yesterday,picked up a full carbon trd,

and the carbon lower lip spoiler. :eyebrows:

it will look very nice with the white paint job. and i was very happy with the price keron gave me.;) its all packaged up at the minete.

so pics will come later when the spray job is done. i havent even looked at it myself yet,

but im sure its all good.

the supe is also booked in at kerons for his next 5 speed conv that comes in. and i must say it will be nice to change gears. im keeping the car just under the 500bhp mark so im sure the box will be fine. if not please let me know..

atb adam :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

im puttin a ridox front bumper on ther car,instead of a trd cos of ground clearance.. and i was gonna change the vs skirts ,but ther riveted,blended on.

im just fed up of not being able to get most places because of stupid speed bumps.:rolleyes:

so iv took a slice out of the middle of the skirts so i can push them up a bit with out loosing the shape .and once fiber glassed iv gained about 2 and a half inches,.. when the new wheels go on ther 18s so thats 1 more inch.

the car should sit the height of the oem kit..

Photo1889.jpg

Photo1890.jpg

Photo1895.jpg

Photo1888.jpg

just waiting for the vs over fenders to come.

i need them before i can carry on with the fiberglass work on the skirts.

Iv been looking at brake kits for the front..

eny one have knowledge of k sport 6/8 pot brake kit that wifbitz sell.

i phoned k sport and thay were 80/90 pounds cheaper then wifbitz and thay give you the pads .unlike wifbitz.

i know ther not BREMBO ..but are thay eny good and does eny members on here have some fitted??

atb adam b

me too mate ,but i kinda got sick of poor comments about it.

in the end it brings you down,,people like it but wouldent like to own it ,thats the problem .

to in your face i think.

so back to the first plan white/red leather and carbon.gold volks.

but i think i might leave the red cow for now as keron is doing the 5 speed conv .

just waiting for the car to come in.. red cow after xmas i think.

yeah thanks lads ..;) im gonna stick to plan 1 .iv had the flash look im going for a bit more classy look now.

i really like your colour tho mike looks like it just come from tyoko drift lol.:D

• 6 months later...