The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full respray and rebuild

Guest adam b

Guest adam b

Small update iv got the lower arm fitted ,tie rod and the upper arm.

i took the brake line off along with the caliper,.My goodridge lines should be here monday so i can get on with fitting those.

here are the pics from todays work..:D:D

Photo0263.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

Photo0261.jpg

Photo0266.jpg

Photo0259.jpg

Photo0267.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adam b

Ok here is the pics of last weeks work,

with the bad weather here ,and im in the middle of a full redecoration of the house ,thers not much time for the car at the minite .:rolleyes:

Im on it tomorrow though as long as its not pissing down..

here is the before and after ....The shock body recived 3 coats of fortress gloss metal paint. Spring and monting brackets was powder coated

Photo0254.jpg

Photo0289.jpg

Photo0290.jpg

Guest adam b

Here are the braided goodridge lines i ordered ,very nice stuff ,well made

im very pleased with them and fitting was a doddle,

Photo0274.jpg

Photo0275.jpg

Photo0280.jpg

Guest adam b

I managed to get the inner arch back on, and the water tank for the front wippers.

I replaced all the old bolts that hold the arches on with new oem ones.:)

Photo0276.jpg

Photo0277.jpg

Photo0278.jpg

Guest adam b

cheers mate .i know but i dont know how to change the title .he he :p;):D

if a mod could change the title to full respray and rebuild i would be forever greatfull MODS.:salute:

iv also took all the dribble out of the thread ,to meny posts with me mouning on:soap: ,he he .

so if it gets to the project thread its at least worth a look now.:eyebrows:

but my spelling is still needing work ,ha ha :lame:

its still raining here so still got nothing done today,so gonna try to get some more fitted..:D:D

Guest adam b

im working on the volks tomorrow.:)

the center caps are giving me probs, ther held in with ale brackets:tongue:

the brackets fit so tight i had to use a rubber hammer to fit them .when fitted ther way to proud to fit the hub,so iv had to take the dremal to the brackets to remove unwanted metal ,one wheel is done and it now fits the hub perfect,with out taking out the nice center caps.;):D

pics tomorrow .atb adam b

Guest adam b

parts to fit tomorrow.:D:d

refurbished shock/spring

new hub complete/heat sheald

new ARB link

new brembo drilled brake disc

new uk 4 pot caliper

new ebc yellow stuff pads/chimms/clips

id like to get this lot fitted if it stays dry:rolleyes:. then its the drivers side to start..over the next week or so.:D

Edited by adam b (see edit history)

Guest adam b

well i got about 30 mins out of the day ,due to rain ,what can you do..

i had a nice sunday enyway ..and we sold our last blue staffy pup from capons last litter so it sweetend the day a.

Guest adam b

got some more done on the car this morning.

I fitted the refurbished shock,and got the new ARB link fitted,im just gonna fit the new hub and the other new bits,its anice day here so im making the most of it..:rolleyes:

Photo0306.jpg

Photo0311.jpg

Photo0313.jpg

Photo0315.jpg

Photo0316.jpg

Guest adam b

THE EBC yellow stuff pads come the other day so the caliper can go on today aswell, so i should get the lot done today .

Then the drivers side can start.

Photo0317.jpg

Guest adam b

Well the weather has held out so i carried on with the car, .:)

I got the new steering knuckle hub and the heat sheild fitted ..After lunch im fitting the new uk spec caliper,and the yellow stuff pads.

Gonna have to put the advans back on for a bit cos i dont wont the new GTC,s to just sit on the car while the rest of the work is being done ..

Ihavent got much time left to do the work on the car,,i drove upto reading yesterday for my pre op assesment in the royle burkshire hospotol.:rolleyes:

professer levi gave me the date of 23rd of may for the first op then 3 month later for the second op,then 12/15 full recovery. 6/8 month of driving:blink:,

so i was toying with the idea of storing her till im well;) ,the wife wonts me to sell it when iv finished the front.:( if i did sell it would have to be took in consideration the new parts and the rest of the work thats gone into the car,..:D

but as of yet i really dont wont to sell it ,but this life isent fare somtimes and we all have to be men about some things we dont like to do .

i will defo have the front done by the 23 rd may .so il make my mind up after the op..6/8 months is a long time to store her ..? il have to see.

Photo0325.jpg

Photo0326.jpg

Photo0327.jpg

Photo0329.jpg

Photo0330.jpg

Photo0332.jpg

Photo0333.jpg

Photo0336.jpg

Photo0337.jpg

Guest adam b

The center caps are being sorted out one down three to go.

were im pointing is the problem the bracket that holds the cap in is to proud ,some metal needed removing ,the after pic shows the cap after dremal work.

Photo0324.jpg

Photo0318.jpg

Photo0321.jpg

Photo0319.jpg

Guest adam b
Your £4k wheels are missing.

whats your point mate ?

if your in doubt about the cost.

18x10 f

18x11 r in top secret gold with center caps and tyres £3120 in november 08 from envy.

i got 2 qwotes for them now 2012 rrp not much change from 4k you take a look ..eny way who the fuck cares..

i just bought them cos the car on the FRONT COVER OF TOYKO DRIFT the gold car..had them on ..

Edited by adam b (see edit history)