The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full respray and rebuild

Guest adam b

Guest adam b

got a day of today from work ,

so its of to the my mates bodyshop,,to work on the car.

just one more side to wet sand and the paint can start to go on.:D

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adam b
Is that the JDL kit!?

no mate,,

hand made rear panel,arch,and the over fenders are all one off,made by me and my mate.

the veilside skirts have been modified for better ground clearence. and have been blended into ther rears.

the wings are also on off,s thay come from GBH,s gold supra,

i bought them from carl bibby,who ended up buying it from GBH ,,he put that CHARGESPEED bodykit on it in red.

so i bought the wings,and the genuine veilside front that the gold supra sported.

hope this helps matey.

atb adam

Guest adam b

Well all the inside has been removed from the car

carpet,seats.plastics.dails and most of the dash.

just the main dash to take out cos im going to have it recoverd just not to sure if leather or flocking would be best.

im gonna have new red seats and have the interia all re done.but im unsure what to do,leather or flocking..leather is nice and the smell,,:D

but the flocking looks very clean cut and modern ??? WHAT DO YOU LADS THINK..??

atb adam..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adam b

im giong to bambury flocking service today .iv deciced to go with the more modern look,it seams all the rally/race cars go with the flocking

and it looks like it takes the wear n tare .

im going with black and a touch of red ..

Guest adam b

well the flocking is out the window.

i was quoted £1200 i nearly fainted. a rip of or what. eny way iv deciced to go with the red leather instead ,my dads mate at aston martin was happy to do it for for the same £1200 but using top grade hide. with white stichin ,.

i thought thay would charge about £500 to flock a car,i can buy a top notch set up and start my own bizz for a grand ,.

never mind a. its booked in for a month from now,i have to wait for him to finish a corvett ,but his work is well worth the wait.

• 1 month later...
Guest adam b

work is coming along nicely on the bomex type 2 front that i bought from adam haywood.

i will post up the pics tonight as were on a family day out today.:innocent:

i have a custom wide arch kit that we put on the car so ther is no bumper that fits, accept maybe the trd,

the bomex type 2 come up for sale on here and as you dont see this one much ,and its one of my favorite fronts i choose this one

its of a jurgen car so i know its not a copy and at £220 i was very happy with my buy.:D

some stress points are needing done and some side pieces needed added to meet the wide arch wings. steve a chap who used to work for tvr.

he is a top fiberglass bloke who far exceeds my skill i have put the car in his hands now as iv took it as far as i could.

he will go over the car with a fine tooth comb and get eny high or low bits that i dont see.

Edited by adam b (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

well things are moving now the paint is on the car and im starting to rebuild it .:D

we put 5 coats on ,so thers plenty to work with when the mop comes out to play..! here is a few more pics ..

first pics are of the bomex front i bought of ad haywood. the side bits are done and so are the stress points.

in some places metal sheet was used with fiberglass for added strenth.;)

100_5578.jpg

100_5580.jpg

100_5584.jpg

100_5583.jpg

100_5582.jpg

100_5586.jpg

100_5563.jpg

100_5564.jpg

100_5575.jpg

100_5561.jpg

here are some pics of the top secret bonnet i bought from chazuk.(cheers mate ):D;)

i had to adjust the wings a bit.. ther blended so it makes it a bit hard to work with . the gaps are very small and im very happy with the fitment now iv played with it.

its not painted yet this is just to get the fitment right pics to follow.

100_5574.jpg

100_5575.jpg

100_5576.jpg

P010911_03.17_[03].jpg

Resize_P010911_03.17_[02].jpg

I sprayed the car not that long ago ,so we dident need to go overbourd with the primer and the body work is 100%.

so we wash primerd it then i hand flated it wet.

100_5579.jpg

100_5588.jpg

100_5589.jpg

100_5565.jpg

im just waiting for the rest of the photo,s to upload .so il post the pics of the bodyshell being painted in the morning,,

before i go down to the bodyshop.

atb adam b. :D

Here is the pics of the body being painted.

five coats went on so thers plenty to work with. the paint is pure white base coat you carnt get enything white,r .;)

no laqure is needed with this paint, we will just cut the paint back then mop to a glass finish.:eyebrows::D

100_5596.jpg

100_5597.jpg

100_5598.jpg

100_5599.jpg

100_5600.jpg

100_5601.jpg

100_5602.jpg

100_5603.jpg

100_5604.jpg

100_5605.jpg

At this stage im rebuilding the car these pics show the slow process of putting a supra back together .

i really like doing this my self cos i know that its been put together right and carefully done. ,,thers nothing like putting parts back on with freash paint.;)

all the rubbers have been black wax treated to a nice matt finish.:D

all the bolts have been sand blasted and painted to match the part thay fit.:D

The rear windscreen was put back in at this stage,using brand new rubbers and mouldings.;)

The side windows was also fitted using new sealent ,,its nice to see the glass go in.

The wheels back on ,,these are not the new wheels ,iv got my GTC,s going on. but even these advans look good .IMO. in white it looks so good .the rear hand made arches just look the dogs danglers IMO ,thay flow just right blended..:eyebrows:

100_5632.jpg

100_5633.jpg

100_5634.jpg

100_5635.jpg

100_5636.jpg

100_5637.jpg

100_5640.jpg

100_5642.jpg

100_5646.jpg

100_5647.jpg

100_5668.jpg

100_5644.jpg