The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full respray and rebuild

Guest adam b

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;):D cheers lads.8)

i got the trd spoiler fitted ,i must say ,it looks the mutts.

iv took some pics ,so il post up in a bit.

The next move is to strip the running gear,take a look see at whats good and whats not.

thers a place not to far from me called pershore plating,thay do a few types of finishes,but stainless is the one id be after.:eyebrows:

a nice stainless finish on all the parts under the car would look good and be very easy to keep clean,and im sure would be a hit at the shows.

One of my mates race class 9 buggies, his buggies is done like this and looks great:cool:

the hubs will be replaced or refebished then plated also ,so as one looks through the wheels or under the car it all shines.

this is my next move,and should be carried out with in about a month from now,then new brake kit and suspenchin the following month and a half. 2 month at the max.

ATB lads adam b :D:d:d

Edited by adam b (see edit history)

That is looking very nice. Got to have balls to paint mirrors and door handles different colour but ties in great

End caps on that TRD would look great in white

i know bud it was gonna make it or break it.

i dont know if ther big enough to paint them white.??

Like the look of those black Advans against the white paint!

thats what i thought.thay give a very mean stance in the fleash..

im gonna get them powder coated in matt black if i can and keep them for track days ,and prob winter driving so my gtc,s dont get to wrecked.

cheers bud.

yeah easy mate ;), would look ace in white

im thinkin about it lad..

your bay is to die for.seams like everyone is going for the wireless look like hodges,

my bay will have to wait for next year.. your car is lovly fella.

iv decided to go for the HSD shocks ;),,after reading some comments made by scott,he has tryed a few brands and setteld on these one,s

if ther is better for the money id like to know about it from some one.:sly::D

I was looking at these ,8 pot 356mm i think for the money thay are, thay will defo do the job for a car upto 550bhp

imo ,but id have to have silver/red orange wouldent suit my build? with the gtc,s being gold.

ksportfront356mm.jpg

I was looking at these ,8 pot 356mm i think for the money thay are, thay will defo do the job for a car upto 550bhp

imo ,but id have to have silver/red orange wouldent suit my build? with the gtc,s being gold.

Hi Adam,

Unless you are just doing it for looks, I would stick with stock TT brakes (with new discs + pads) or go with a better known brand such as Brembo or Stoptech as these are all time proven to be great brakes, whereas the K-sport are quite well known as "cheap big brakes" or "ebay brakes".

inferno thanks for your info.

i was looking at stoptech at mvp,s website, as you know for more then me il go for the stoptech

thers not that much inthe price diffrence if you compare the £ to the $ tbo,i just thought k sport looked better,but id rather spend a bit more on a better product that does the job rather than just look good.

cheers mate adamb

just had a proper look at the stop tech range,

with what iv got to spend on brakes im not gonna get the one,s i really wont ther just to much money .

so im gonna go for brand new uk spec brake calipers ,brembo discs if i can find them,braided lines and very good pads.

these will do me just fine untill i can save for some brembo,s as ther the best eny way.

OK LADS I ORDERED THE COMPLETE FRONT UK SPEC BRAKE KIT :D

FULL UK FRONT BRAKE KIT,

UK SPEC 4 POTS X 2

UK SPEC DISCS X2

UK PADS ALL ROUND

ALL THE PINS AND BITS NEEDED £630 CASH INC VAT I THINK THAT IS A VERY GOOD PRICE .

CAN ENYONE DO BETTER ??

IV ALSO ORDERED THE FOLLOWING.from MR T :innocent:

UPPER & LOWER SUSPENSION ARMS ON THE FRONT( £150 FRONT UPPER)(£219 LOWERS)MY TIE RODS ARE FINE ,JUST NEED POWDER COATED.

BRAND NEW HUBS X 4 (£118 EACH)

OEM FACLIFT INDACATERS (£80)

FACLIFT REAR LIGHTS WITH BULBS AND NEW LOOMS,(£168)

UK SPEC GLASS HEAD LIGHTS (£380)

NEW FRONT SEAT BELTS.(£130)

NEW GRAB HANDLE (£18)

Ther is still some bits to get.

The rear has to be rebuilt next with new arms and that, hopefully all the running gear should be done by may,then il put my new wheels on.:cool:

just gonna upload the pics of the trd carbon spoiler now fitted.

i think it looks really nice,when the lower lip spoiler goes on it should come together proper .

Just need shine auto rear difuser now,, like the one JP has on the black beast. then the rear is done.

MVP has a good price on at the moment,it will have to wait tho ,all my money spare at the time being is to replace all under the car with new parts.

just gonna upload the pics of the trd carbon spoiler now fitted.

i think it looks really nice,when the lower lip spoiler goes on it should come together proper .

Just need shine auto rear difuser now,, like the one JP has on the black beast. then the rear is done.

MVP has a good price on at the moment,it will have to wait tho ,all my money spare at the time being is to replace all under the car with new parts.

Will look awesome dude once fitted.

have you got a link to the diffuser for sale at mvp?

OK here,s a few of the car with the new TRD carbon spoiler i got from keron last year,,

the weave is perfect ,a very very good product.

Iv also got the lower carbon lip spoiler im gonna get that on in the next day or two.:cool::D

Photo0093.jpg

Photo0099.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

Photo0098.jpg

Photo0104.jpg

Photo0100.jpg

this is the pics of the inner wing that i painted satern black,

I fitted the oem indacators inside the wing so you can see the flash but not the light..

i thought id fit it just incase eny one ever hit into me and said you never had your side indacator fitted so (no pay out)

the mesh is also new and just fitted..

Photo0101.jpg

Photo0102.jpg