The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full respray and rebuild

Guest adam b

Same colour as me I went for pure white non mixed but I did do mine in base so it was clear coated, looking like a nice job though mate , at this rate you will have it back together soon .:)

yep yep but the door handles,mirrors .and the fuel lid,rear,front bumpers still to do.

il get it all wet sanded on monday,then dave can get some colour on it all a...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK the rear lights went in really nice.:D

no gaps smooth lines nice and tight. the boot mounted brake light was also fitted ,i put the doors back on and all the door rubbers .

i put the wire looms back through,, put the speaker bracket mountings back in.. this is the stop mark on the doors untill the handles are painted.:rolleyes:

i put the carpet back in the back along with all the tool kit and plastics.:D

the boot was the point i got to last night .

i had to come back and mate our two BLUE STAFFORFSHIRE BULL TERRIERS , CAPONE,,and RIP.:eyebrows:

its breeding season for us here at dynamite kennels:love: most of our bitch,s are in ,,so iv been busy breeding the dogs,, and trying to get on with this build,.

thers just not enough hours in the day for me.!!

well im gonna clean the dog runs out then head down the bodyshop for a bit more supra time..

100_5673.jpg

100_5674.jpg

100_5677.jpg

100_5678.jpg

100_5686.jpg

100_5682.jpg

100_5685.jpg

100_5591.jpg

100_5595.jpg

Its hasent stoped raining for most of the day ..

So its a monday morning start on the car. i really need to rest tomorrow im done in..so its a dvd day with a bit of xbox mixed in .

after the wifes dinner of course.

Well im of to the bodyshop ,,im gonna D,A the rear bumper,bonnet,door handles and the mirrors,,

dave will be able to spray them tonight ,then wedensday il fit it all on the car ,,

Edited by adam b (see edit history)

some more pics of todays work on the car..

First the bonnet was d,a, with 600/800/1200 then power washed of and degreased 3 times,

second the rear bumper had the same treatment and the fuel lid,

then all parts had 3 coats of paint,when the parts was dry a 4th coat was applied ...as you can see its a very good finish out the gun so we should have it looking like glass at the end.!

100_5731.jpg

100_5735.jpg

100_5737.jpg

100_5738.jpg

100_5741.jpg

100_5743.jpg

100_5745.jpg

100_5747.jpg

100_5750.jpg

100_5751.jpg

100_5752.jpg

100_5756.jpg

100_5759.jpg

100_5760.jpg

100_5761.jpg

I stripped the mirrors give them a good sanding with all the grades. and i drilled out the rivets on the gasgets on the door handles so we could pain t them properly.

were doing the mirrors / door handles in supra gloss black...it might not be evryone,s cuppa tea,but i think it will break up the white a bit and go with the carbon.

i might buy some apr carbons if i keep the car ..but as it is the car will be up for sale..

100_5762.jpg

100_5763.jpg

100_5764.jpg

100_5767.jpg

100_5770.jpg

Wish i had a mate like yours, woud love to do this too mine but the price of resprays these days is rediculous.

WELL LADS I CAN SORT A GROUP SPRAY SO TO SPEAK.

i told dave today about the club, if i can get two people at the same time to be resprayed dave will do the club a faver £1100 CASH FOR A FULL RESPRAY AND THE WORKS.

BUT HE WONTS TWO CARS AT THE SAME TIME..HE WILL ONLY BE MAKING ABOUT £500 PROFIT PER CAR BUT £1100 IS FOR NOTHING AND THAT INCL THE PAINT AND EVRYTHING ELES.

MOST PLACES WONT £2K+ WHEN THAY SEE A SUPRA ..AND DAVES WORK IS GREAT...HE,S HAVING PROBS WITH HIS EX WIFE AND NEEDS MONEY SO THATS WHY HE IS PUTTING THE OFFER OUT THER ,,I THINK IF YOU WONT YOUR CAR SPRAYED YOU SHOULD JUMP AT HIS OFFER..

im not making a bean of it ,just helping out a mate who needs doe,so he can keep his shop open and keep the snake of a ex of his back.

and if it does the club a good turn well ther you go,, pm me if your 100% as he dont need no messing about ,he is a gent of a guy.

Ok its a day down the bodyshop for me.

im gonna get the bonnet back on,fit the rear bumper,then fit the fuel lid.

then its a wet sand for the bomex front,this is a really nice bumper now its been made wide. i think im gonna take the bottom canards/vents out in the gloss black aswell.

the advan wheels are gonna get it too.

were going to spray the rim white and do the centers in supra gloss black ,this will fit very nicly with the rest of the black,then .......

im gonna OPEN my full carbon trd and carbon lip i bought from are good freind KERON ..i havent even looked at the weave yet..hows that for will power, i thought just leave it alone untill the car is done ..so im gonna open it all up when i come home and show you all & me .. its still in the pink stuff never even unwrapped it once,,

then when its polished up im gonna fit the new gtc,s 18x11 rear 18x10 front but im not gonna leave them on the car i will take some pics with them on..then ther coming of and the advans are going on for the cold winter,,who ever buys the car will get a prestene set of gtc,s and some very nicly refurbished advans.

or if thay carnt afford to buy the car with the gtc,s i will take the price of the car and sell it with just the advans..

i just wont to finish my build make sure its a stunner and grit my teeth when its sold.. but make no mistake im not giving my car away,,its all new and i dont need the money .. il give a member a hell of a deal but thers nothing free here. IV put to much time and effort in and money just to sell it for pennys..

iv allready spent£12k and thats before the retrim.

Ok i got the bonnet fitted nice even lines down the sides of the wings..

the rear went on nice.. perfect on one side ,but a couple of mill out on the drivers side by the rear light. its only a very thin gap ,but to me its not right so il do it tomorrow now the pics have shown me.

we also got the door handles done and the mirrors in supra gloss black..im really liking them,,a lot of the new super cars/sports cars are doing this. with the mirrors..

i was gonna unwrap the carbon but ,im worried about it getting marked,,so i will have to wait a couple of more days ...a week mybe.. the car still has to be polished and the advans colour coded.

here is some more pics .

100_5896.jpg

100_5897.jpg

100_5898.jpg

100_5899.jpg

100_5901.jpg

100_5902.jpg

100_5903.jpg

100_5907.jpg

100_5904.jpg

this is the pics of the rear bumper going on .!

as i said thers a thin gap by the drivers side rear light im gonna do that tomorrow,,the pics show you ,the car is very bright in the fleash.:cool:

100_5908.jpg

100_5909.jpg

100_5911.jpg

100_5912.jpg

100_5918.jpg

100_5919.jpg

Here is the pics of the mirrors and the handles.. i got ther a bit late and missed the 4 coats the mirrors received .

but made it for the handles..

you can see the black gets darker as the coats go on..ther drying in the oven over night il fit them tomorrow,, im taking the canards/vents out on the front bumper aswell.

il wet sand the front tomorrow. then we can get the white on.:D:D

100_5878.jpg

100_5880.jpg

100_5881.jpg

100_5882.jpg

100_5884.jpg

100_5886.jpg

100_5889.jpg

100_5893.jpg

100_5895.jpg

100_5888.jpg

i carnt wait to get down the shop in the morning,,i wont to get the handles and the mirrors fitted,the black is gonna look great IMO.

then im gonna hit that front bumper with the grades of paper (wet sand) then dave can spray it ,.

when its dry we can cut the black into it..

well the car has to wait a week or two now..:(

my women has to have her tonsols out tomorrow ,so il be doing mine & her work .:innocent:

she has to rest for 3 weeks incase of hemrigin so the speicalist has told us ,........

i did go and have a SNEAK peek at what the black mirrors looked like against the white,,, YUM YUM YUM:cool::D

BUT LIKE A PRAT I DIDENT HAVE THE CAMERA WITH ME SORRY LADS.

• 4 months later...

OK here is a few more pics of the respray,so sorry for the delay,;):D

my digi camera has packed in so ,please bare with me ,as the picture qaulity is poor. im gonna get a new one in a bit..

i under sealed all the front end then put the arch liners back on.

fitted new mesh to the wing vents, also fitted the oem indacater in the inside of the wing so can see the flash but not the light.

iv also painted the calipers again (not in these pics). untill my new brake kit is picked and fitted.:eyebrows:

And i gave the advans a lick of satern black just for now untill the gtc,s go on,:)

DSC00587.JPG

DSC00588.JPG

DSC00589.JPG

DSC00590.JPG

DSC00593.JPG

DSC00594.JPG

DSC00595.JPG

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00600.JPG

DSC00602.JPG

iv put the face lift lights back in,untill i get the uk glass ones, (due to were the sun hits the front end,,)

and i bought a new compleate bonnet cable as the old one was tired.

the front end is on

since these pics was took,i dident like the white in the wing vents, yep, i had to rip the new mesh out i just put in,

what a @#%$£ job that was i really went to town with the tiger seal,but got it of in the end with no damage to the body work.

then i painted the inner wing vent in satern black,and it was much more pleasing to the eye,and will no dought were better then white with our roads.

and the indacater flash looks very good against the black,so it was worth the extra hassel of taking out the meash imo.(pics tp come)

DSC00608.JPG

DSC00609.JPG

DSC00612.JPG

DSC00614.JPG

DSC00617.JPG

THE car is accross the rd at my local garage at the min. having a oil,spark plugs filters change..

(thanks to the great spark plug thread on here.)

i bought the correct ones for the bpu supra

bought a new hks hybrid oil filter and 5 liters of top class moblie oil fully sin..

its gonna get a cambelt change and water pump..but i dont think il let these country boyz play with the car like that,,its gonna go to some were more fitting.

some one from the forum that isent a to far from me would be great

i could do with the same people doin a remap as well cos its not been done since the tt conv and putting some gauges in ther so i know what things are doin. boost,oil ,air,fuel,egt, and that...

thats defo the next thing to do. some advice on who to use would be greatfully taken, i was thinking of dude or wifbits or ??

then its new brake kit ,suspenchin,and compleate new running gear,a arms the lot. evry single thing under the car replaced with new parts and some after market..

but the gauges and remap must be the very next thing..

the interia will wait as i dont wont to make things hard for who ever is working on the car , with them having to think about caring for the new red leather..

here is the pics of the car being moped pics was taken with the digi camera ,before it broke.

stone chipped the rear bumper bar,and the fuel tank and the exhaust gaurd..:D

Photo0062.jpg

Photo0063.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

Photo0061.jpg

Photo0058.jpg

Edited by adam b (see edit history)

the lads at the garage sorted the car,thay changed the plugs ,oil, ,filters, and thay bleeded the brakes .

looking at getting the new brakes in a month, gonna go for some 6/8 pots, disks and braided lines with earl fittings..;)

i got the trd carbon spoiler unwrapped today that i bought from keron last year. (cheers mate,its a blindin weave,)

the weave is perfect,and i mean 100% perfect .dead stright lines with no flaws in the weave or the clear coat, who ever makes these sure does a great job,the pics dont do it justice.:cool:

im gonna unwrap the carbon lip spoiler tomorrow and post up the pics.

eny way heres a few more pics

Photo0074.jpg

Photo0075.jpg

Photo0081.jpg

Photo0082.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0084.jpg

Photo0085.jpg