Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I am speechless. The plonker is stark raving mad. Speechless.......Speechless......Speechless......Speechless

:unfair: The world is so unfair, why do others have this insane amount of money to spend on their cars, and I don't??

Really, complimenting you will be anal and just stating the obvious. Can I come live in your house?? :eyebrows:

I must admit, I have been pretty slack lately when it comes to updating my threads, but wow, thank you everyone!

The best Supra in the world!™ ^_^

As kind as that is of you to say, there are many supras out there (including on the UK forums) that would give my supra a run for its money both in terms of looks and performance!

Very nice mate i will keep u in mind for when i buy my supra. Great work looking good

Haha thank you. When you get your Supra, you will wonder how you ever did without one... they are just stunning cars to own. Approaching 20 years old as a car and it still makes you proud to own one.

please move to the u.k and sell...give it to me ;) ill even buy you a pint of englands finest and some haribo! STUNNING car mate and a legendary build. best supra ever!

I would love to visit the UK, I am ashamed to admit it is one of the few places I have never visited... it's on my list though!

I still believe this is the best supra on this planet. Looking forward to those HD vids mate. Don't keep us waiting too long ;)

Thanks again, I really do have to take some footage of my track runs (private and public). It is so much fun to drive, I forget to document said fun ;)

really need to get some vids of this up :D would love to hear those dual nur-spec's

I have heard a LOT of exahusts, both on supras and other Japanese imports, and I am proud to say that I think the dual exhaust with cutout and the combination of engine and turbo setup is a real pleasure on the ears... not too raspy or burbly, not tinny, a well tuned grunt with a bit of rasp ala F1.

Not sure can say any more than has not already been said but an amazing looking car, WOW!!!!!

Thanks Neil, your Soarer is quite a looker. In fact, I would have bought a Soarer, but after seeing my first Supra I just fell in love. I have always had a soft spot for well modded soarers (I find stock ones a little plain for my liking).

10/10 perfection , best build ever!!

I don't know about the best ever... people like Hodge and Jamie really make mine look quite average when it comes to getting their hands dirty, modding it themselves and pure dedication.

p.s. I have been following your build - keep up the great work and all the best in the future with it!

I am speechless. The plonker is stark raving mad. Speechless.......Speechless......Speechless......Speechless

:unfair: The world is so unfair, why do others have this insane amount of money to spend on their cars, and I don't??

Really, complimenting you will be anal and just stating the obvious. Can I come live in your house?? :eyebrows:

Hard work and treating myself. Work hard, play hard and you can have the chance to build the car of YOUR dreams too! If you ever are visiting AU, I would be more than happy to take you for a spin ;)

Do you ever use the system that you had fitted which raises the front of the car to help get over speed bumps etc?

Do you remember who does the kit?

It is a LIFE SAVER around these parts... with the front bumper AND skirts being so low, if I attempted to go into any driveway without raising it, I know it would scrape (I have not even attempted to go into a driveway or over a hump without raising it... better safe than sorry!).

It is the Top Secret Roberuta Cup Kit (there are knockoffs and other brands, but I wanted the genuine deal that they used on Lambos and Ferraris in Japan)

I thought for a second there that the had been more updates...did wonder how this car could possibly have been improved!?:blink:

Love this car! Sort of build I would do if I won the lottery!:D

Yes, I have been slack in updating *hangs head in shame*. In my defence, I have been enjoying it and completely forgotten about recording it!

Thanks for the kind words though ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest vasee13

What material is your front bumper made out of? As I recall the whiftbitz front is made out of fiberglass, which cracks quite easily? Also, how did the modification to the body to fix the fender gap work out? Did it hold up to the driving abuse? Lastly, kudos to your entire build, as I loved every single thing you've done to your car. I absolutely aspire to one day have a car also rebuilt by sound performance!

• 2 weeks later...

Admittedly not a huge update, but just to let everyone know the car is still alive and is doing very well.

I recently decided to purchase a nicer battery, and so I went with a Stinger:

Also the tyres have seen better days, so I decided to replace them with some new rubber. Here is a photo of them next to my neighbours Toyota Corolla... just a light difference in width?

A quick HD video of the number plate flipper in action.. it really is a great piece of equipment - it allows me to have a license plate mounted but with none of the downsides (ugly mounting bracket, nuisance to remove the plate and bracket for photoshoots):

Can you pm me some info on how you did this and what you purchased. I was thinking about something similar too.

Cheers

Luc