The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a word!

Morpheus

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and Welcome

Not really liking your car but you do that's all that matters.

I have been looking at Supras on PH and autotrader, some nice NA autos forsale at half the price you paid but if your not fussed at having your pants pulled down then fair play.

I'd be p@£sed.

Welcome. I like the whole look and the supra logo in the bonnet must have taken some time to do. Don't listen to the slag offs as its each to their own and you obviously like the car/looks and that's all that matters. I hope you enjoy the club and its friendly vibe..I'm off for some more medication now as they only let me on the PC for short periods and then it's back to the cell...

£6150........ahahahhhhhahahaaaaaaaaaahhhhahaahahaaaaahhhahhaaahhhahhhahhaaaaaaahhaaaaaahhhhhhahhahhhhahhhhhaaahahhhahhahhahaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. You must be very "special" although I don't think it's that bad tbh.

Bit off topic but don't you just hate a Moth flitting about while you're eating your dinner and typing - and with the other hand, well errrr..........reading?

I mean, what do they actually do anyway, except eat jumpers and hop about like demented kangaroos on speed? (only smaller and with bigger wings - obviously!)

Yes, I am very special and I have a special car, so leave her alone you bully or I'll tell my Carer all about you :tongue:

Cheers all, keep it coming, good and bad.

Will post decent piccies in garage soon, promise ;) (but will no doubt regret it!)

Edited by Morpheus
Couldn't help it. (see edit history)

Have you ever taken a sump off a supra, there is no gasket as such sealer is used as a gasket. It aint a straight forward drop the bolts and the sump comes off.

Not done a 2JZGE Sump yet but I've completely rebuilt a 7MGE top end and it started first time and never had a single problem with it and I've recently replaced the sump pan on my ickle wickle bickle Smarty Car, if that counts and that used silicone too which hasn't leaked a drop since either (unlike the MKIV in question).

Thank God for cardboard I say!

Still got half a tube of Permatex Copper Gasket sealant if it hasn't gone off by now ;)

Don't worry, I have detailed files :lame:

Well to remove the sump on a members car the other day it involved dropping the subframe from the car which meant holding the engine in place with a engine support across the inner wings. It aint a 30 min job.

Cheers, so that's why they never fixed it for the last five years! (according to MOT history online). Still, keeps it from rusting :innocent:

Oh well, will have to investgate the source properly and if it is the sump etc. and not just a screw-in item, I'll do it when (not if) I rebuild the whole engine. Easy peasy!

That's why I bought an NA and not a bonnet full of spaghetti as I was originally going to, though the GTE's do look much nicer of course, just a nightmare to work on and so much more to go wrong.

It's only a minor drip but enough for an MOT advisory. Not drinking oil yet thankfully. Probably 'only' the rear main seal :D

Can't wait to get on with it but so much else to do before that.

Got two more tonnes of ballast to shift into the back garden from the front lawn for the workshop project. Could try strapping the laptop to my shovel, I suppose........

I paid £6150 and it's a '93 NA auto import !

you could have got a pretty decent TT for that money.

welcome to our little club you need a sense of humor to post on here BTW cars nice if you like it thats all that matters

you could have got a pretty decent TT for that money.

Yes, but I didn't want one Dave. Yours is very nice by the way!

I had two white MKIII's and loved them but thought I'd go for some colour after six years. I would have kept the turbo auto but the headroom was just too tight and made my neck ache and thought I'd give a Smart a try and also to save fuel. False economy as the depreciation in 3 years cancels out savings for me although £35 road tax and 120 miles for £20 isn't bad compared to a Supra Turbo. Not good either but better.

(Smarts are all turbos too, you know?) Mine absolutely flies along with the K&N induction scoop and filter!

Anyway, the only other cars I seriously considered were utterly trumped by this one's overall appeal, given my taste and plans for the future. All things considered (and if you've read my posts you'll see that I do consider quite a lot of things for one lifetime; Did you know without any doubt for instance that 9/11 and 7/7 were both 'State' sponsored and that a handful of individuals control the entire planet via money supply and oil prices (like you didn't know that) and that there is a plan to microchip everyone on Earth very soon? Does anyone care? Apparently not, or you wouldn't be thinking I'm paranoid right now; you'd know yourselves!).

Money doesn't really exist anyway and yet it affects virtually every decision we make, even life or death for some.

I wanted an NA Auto exactly like mine, once I saw it. Originally a black topless one got me thinking (hmmmm :innocent:) but then I decided to get a black GT Four but I'm 6'5" and I saw Jeremy Clarkson on Youtube driving one and he had his knees wedged under the wheel with no headroom.

My intention was to NA-T mine in approx. 2-3 years, once I've finished the GMC Typhoon engine and built a conservatory. Fuel economy is a factor too at the moment and although TT's might not be much worse than non-turbo's, it's tempting to blast it everywhere you get the chance; I do that in my Smart but it's cheap enough not to worry. Great little car but I just got fed up with the slow gearbox but it's perfect for work, so I'm keeping it for now.

Funny how everyone slags the Supra off and then says that as long as I like it, that's all that matters!

How the hell do I sell it in that case?

Luckily, I have no such intention.

BTW, anyone want very lightweight bonnet gas lifters? Can direct you to the best ones, Redlinetuning.com though haven't fitted mine yet. Exactly as stated on website, no bull, just pricey.

Ermmm, which thread was this anyway?

Sorry!

:innocent:

(and if you've read my posts you'll see that I do consider quite a lot of things for one lifetime; Did you know without any doubt for instance that 9/11 and 7/7 were both 'State' sponsored and that a handful of individuals control the entire planet via money supply and oil prices (like you didn't know that) and that there is a plan to microchip everyone on Earth very soon?

Now, there's a chap on here called IMI, you and him would get on great ;)

Male? What??? Oh :(

Sorry, were you beginning to fall for me?

Awwwwwww!

:blush:

They do say that men start to turn gay if they go too long in an all male peer group.

Working as a Joiner, that should make me worse than Alan Carr by now!! (But it didn't, I mean, obviously!)

:gayfight:

Alan Carr.jpg

Edited by Morpheus
Fear of reprisals! (see edit history)