The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a word!

Morpheus

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, cool, so basically, the mileage according to the NMR (National Mileage Register - HPI operated) from 2002 at import was about 110,000km and it reads 146,000 odd now so if 36k is miles, then (roughly) 62.5% of 110,000km is 68750 miles + 36000 miles in the UK which equals approximately 104750 miles.

Phew!

By the way, since I'm on the subject, it's been a long time since most of us went to school so if like me you sometimes want to find one number as a percentage of another, say Km into miles as in the example above, divide 50 miles by 80 Km (which is a good ratio but not sure of exact figures) then multiply by 100 and that gives 62.5% from which to work it out, miles being approx. 62.5% of kilometres on the odometer.

There's probably a whole forum devoted to this topic but it doesn't hurt to spread things across threads if it might help someone. Besides, it encourages synchronicity and the evolution of The Universe toward order and stability and who wouldn't be in favour of that?!!

:clap:

I indeed have thick skin (Cabinet Maker/Joiner by trade btw) and thanks for the warm welcome, (to all that have given me one - ooer!) so how do I find out if my odometer has been converted? Must have been when first SVA'd & registered or isn't it a requirement? It obviously agrees with my UK spec. Smart Fortwo as they both clocked Bradford to Hemel Hempstead at 182 miles.

Am I right in thinking that the dash reads 'Km' next to the digits unless or until it's converted? Seen pics of 'Km' in LED after the Odo numbers on Jap ones online.

Already previously explained, only really 2 options with the conversion....

Speedo Clocked and Converted - Converted to miles, reading on ODO also converted to miles.

Speedo Converted - Converted to miles, reading left as it is but from then on counts in miles.

Ok, problem is, knowing which it was, since the seller won't respond anymore. Never got any paperwork except V5C and MOT.

Ho hum......

Still, doesn't really matter now as I'll be keeping it until it's worthless anyway, like all my other cars!

Edited by Morpheus
Wanted to add further comment. (see edit history)

Yeah bud, just for an indication. Pedals, seats and steering wheel are the obvious choices.

This thread is reading like a bit of a horror story as far as your car goes. I'm surprised you walked away with it to be honest. You could have got a far far better example for your money if you were on here while looking :(

Yeah bud, just for an indication. Pedals, seats and steering wheel are the obvious choices.

This thread is reading like a bit of a horror story as far as your car goes. I'm surprised you walked away with it to be honest. You could have got a far far better example for your money if you were on here while looking :(

Don't, I was just starting to get over the spoiler comments!

Don't, I was just starting to get over the spoiler comments!

Don't worry about that bud, it's just banter. Most of the guys will say if you like it that is all that matters. The masses don't like a lot of mods.

Unfortunately (?) MkIVs are dangerously easy to fall in love with at first viewing. Especially if you're after something different ( ;) ) like this.

Welcome aboard BoB / Dave!

Unfortunately (?) MkIVs are dangerously easy to fall in love with at first viewing. Especially if you're after something unique like this.

BTW - Welcome aboard BoB!

Agreed. However, a quick browse of the classifieds would have you laughing at 6k N/A autos, with "too many zeros" comments being made, rather than going to view them in the first place :D

Ok, thanks for your input Gentlemen; clearly the old 'Less is More, English reserve' is still present as I absolutely love it to bits, which is what half of you guys think it should be in, by the sound of it!

Certainly attracted plenty of attention already anyway, just not quite the right sort from some but hey, as a deeply spiritual and truly enlightened soul, aware as I am of the 'bigger picture', that we're all 'One Conciousness' experiencing the temporal, relative and often challenging experiment of illusory seperation in human form, I respect your right to your opinions, which are all equally valid, as no-one can see everything in the same way as everyone else, nor should they and I'd be a fool for expecting you to all to like my car; afterall, only a soul trapped in ego would have such an attachment to the material as to take personal offence in regard to what is frankly, 'just a car'.

Not being bitchy, I really do mean that sincerely, now F**K OFF AND DIE, HATERS!!!!

I mean that sincerely too!

:nyah:

:rlol:

Awe, c'mon, can't anyone take a joke around here? It's been hours and no-one has slagged off my car!

Oh, right, sorry, it's not your fault, you're all out enjoying the weather like I should be but this site is as addictive as ebay and so much to do!

:swear:!

:D

Hi and welcome to the forum! :thumbs:

As mentioned, good on you for not reacting to the prods... you'll last well on here :)

Your Supra is not my cup of tea though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you did pay more than twice what you should have for it (not joking) but as you say if it's a long term project then hey ho, it matters not. Plenty of folk gonna lose waaaaaay more on their houses over the next couple of years!! :D

Get yourself along to SupraPod and the Turbo conversion will likely be on the cards sooner rather than later :eyebrows:

Cheers,

Brian.

Price is really all a lottery, I mean, I've seen them go for £800 on ebay but it's the look I wanted. Had nothing but compliments so far from those that have seen it, except regarding the price paid but the way I look at it, only 7 short years ago they were £14k bone stock base model and mine has no body rust whatoever, only chassis components and it's really not that bad atall, very clean allround.

Has an oil leak from the sump gasket but I'm a decent mechanic and will sort that easily.

I did own a turbo auto MKIII until 4 yrs ago and that was ballistic left stock but this MKIV NA is no slouch either. It had 5 previous owners and they all seemed to add something to it, so for all I know, the engine might be built. Runs beautifully smooth, as does the gearbox.

When's the next Pod meet then? Might take a gander at the competition but my GMC Typhoon will rip the paint off most of them by the time it's finished.........not that it matters, it's just a race ;)

Thought I'd add a disclaimer, just incase!

Price is really all a lottery, I mean, I've seen them go for £800 on ebay but it's the look I wanted. Had nothing but compliments so far from those that have seen it, except regarding the price paid but the way I look at it, only 7 short years ago they were £14k bone stock base model and mine has no body rust whatoever, only chassis components and it's really not that bad atall, very clean allround.

Has an oil leak from the sump gasket but I'm a decent mechanic and will sort that easily.

I did own a turbo auto MKIII until 4 yrs ago and that was ballistic left stock but this MKIV NA is no slouch either. It had 5 previous owners and they all seemed to add something to it, so for all I know, the engine might be built. Runs beautifully smooth, as does the gearbox.

When's the next Pod meet then? Might take a gander at the competition but my GMC Typhoon will rip the paint off most of them by the time it's finished.........not that it matters, it's just a race ;)

Thought I'd add a disclaimer, just incase!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=218187

Get signed up then.:)