The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a word!

Morpheus

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, go on, cheer me up everyone why don't you?!!!

You're absolutely right though; 6k is a lot to pay for a '93 NA but it was advertised as a '98 with 146,000 kilometres, which turned out to be miles! The list goes on and on but once I'd seen and driven her, it didn't matter. Mixed feelings financially but happy with it despite all the hassle, nonetheless.

The way I see it, anything that isn't kosher, can be replaced or upgraded so I get exactly the car I want, albeit for more money but it's utterly unique. For example, there's no ABS pump, perhaps it was removed or never installed, I don't know. Anyone who's serious about driving deletes it anyway, same with aircon (which predictably, doesn't engage!).

Seriously though, it's a long story and was advertised 'misleadingly' but despite all the issues the car has the look I like and believe me, it's got a nice green to blue to purple (very subtle) pearlescent paint job and the dash etc. is painted red and white with white piped ginger suede front seats, red/white Kahn steering wheel and handbrake grip with red leather gator and armrest cover, 18" deep dish wheels and upgraded Xplod stereo with 15" sub in the back and bluetooth head unit etc. etc.

BTW the number plate TWR 515 is for sale, valued at £1500 by regtransfers ;-)

The Scooby roof scoop even works with the 'vented' spoiler IMHO though I wouldn't recommend it with the smaller stock spoiler and stock body. For me, it all works together beautifully. I guess you have to see it for yourself. They colour coded the wheels and wiper arms too and added chromed blade carriers.

As mentioned, it has a custom fabricated 3" stainless cold-air intake pipe which obviously works well. As for not getting much more power out of it NA, watch this space.....

All I know is that it would cost more than 6k to do it all again to a stock white car, as it was originally even if you were given the car and though I could eventually do it all myself cheaper, I only have one life, (at a time, obviously!). The paint and Bomex bodykit ($1500+shipping) could cost that to do on their own and I prefer it to any other available at any cost.

The bonnet is cut out with the Supra logo and backed with hole punched ali plate as per the grilles. Bonnet is also vented with louvres, as are the wings, though they need re-chroming.

I don't like the stock body much unless it's in black or RS blue for some reason, just doesn't do it for me in photos but in person, any shape or colour looks good. Infact, I still think the MKIII's are better built and looking cars (in their own way) but the handling doesn't even compare, obviously. I'd buy another for ride comfort any day over mine but once I fit adjustable dampers, we'll see.

I even 'forgot' about MKIV's for years and bought a GMC Typhoon (Youtube it ;-) but while the engine block is on the kitchen worktop :innocent: I thought I'd replace the Smart Fortwo with something a little more rapid but to be honest, unless I thrash the Supra, my Smart is still more nippy!

The Supe has done 146k miles so we'll see what it's like after I rebuild it. Revs all day and smooth as you like, awesome engine!

As for the noise it makes in first gear at 7k.........

:wooohoo:

E&OE (I hate typos, especially my own!)

Hey, what's the sideways long thin red/brownish button do on the auto shifter plate on the right of the lever at the front?

Has Japanese writing so have no idea. Doesn't seem to do anything but haven't explored all possibilities, (possibly one of the most difficult words to type it seems!).

Hey, what's the sideways long thin red/brownish button do on the auto shifter plate on the right of the lever at the front?

Has Japanese writing so have no idea. Doesn't seem to do anything but haven't explored all possibilities, (possibly one of the most difficult words to type it seems!).

The seat ejector?

The seat ejector?

Its a hidious spoiler attractor button, Looks like its been pressed already though :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158647

However I will point you towards the search button as well...

Damn!

I was hoping that it was just not working like my AFR gauge but when fixed, returned the ECT function to MKIII Rocketship mode!

Much appreciated anyway, thanks :thumbs:

Normally I can find anything online but this one eluded me.

NA's dont have ABS so you are fine there.

Tom walkinshaw Racing might be interested in the plate, worth a email, lots of the HSV forum use TWR racing so they might be interested and all.

i have abs on my na,anyone else agree that na has no abs?

hi, welcome and enjoy your supra and the comedy club here:D