The mkiv Supra Owners Club

L33 - Finding the problems on my car day pics

L33

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had to mod my oil return on the black car and im still worried even though it has 2 seperate heat shields on it, brake fluid ignites well too but not many people know that;)

Indeed it does. My mates ZZR's front brake line got holed at about 120mph. Quite alarming seeing your mate go by with the front of the bike on fire. :D

Also a big thumbs up to everyone helping Lee out this weekend. Well done folks. :)

Hope you can get this sorted Lee. Feeling gutted reading this but let's hope it can all be be straightened out asap.

I fear for Lui now, he needs to get his car checked over asap, the more i look at them pictures the worse stuff i see, shocking workmanship.

Lucky enough for me all they done was to fit single turbo unit & nothing else all rest of work carried out to my car was done by Mark @ Phoenix in Watford.

To be honest Toyota Gt did a great job & full write up on my supra just a big shame that they could not carry on with that standard :(

well done all that put time & effort in to start to get lees car back on track

Hopefully all will be well and more progress made today. One of my pet hates is finding bolts that should not be there!!! ie loads of 13mm nickel plated items with nyloc nuts, ive just spent ages changing some on a customers car while doing an engine change.

Check how close the DP and rerouted screamer will be to the rubber transmission cooler lines that have been fitted, change them to braided, they are steel as standard, looking at the diameter of that screamer you are going to struggle to get that to exit anywhere with the bracket replaced, may be easier to plumb it back into the exhaust but there again I spoke to someone the other day who reckons that has its pitfalls too.

Prob as dangerous as anything else mentioned is the battery cover ready to make a lovely circuit on the +ve terminal, even worse it is still connected whilst a bit of dissmantling goes on!!!:taped: The IC pipes will need a bead of weld around them to stop the hoses pulling off as much as they need de-burring if not more so.

Will you be fitting a new oil pump, if not we pob have some 2nd hand ones, I can take one apart and make sure its ok and you are welcome to it.

Prob as dangerous as anything else mentioned is the battery cover ready to make a lovely circuit on the +ve terminal, even worse it is still connected whilst a bit of dissmantling goes on!!!:taped:

Battery was taken out way before then :)

The IC pipes will need a bead of weld around them to stop the hoses pulling off as much as they need de-burring if not more so.

Already mentioned :)

Will you be fitting a new oil pump, if not we pob have some 2nd hand ones, I can take one apart and make sure its ok and you are welcome to it.

Yup, new one was fitted, that's how we discovered most of the under car faults, dropping the subframe down to get the sump out :)

Battery was taken out way before then :)

Already mentioned :)

Yup, new one was fitted, that's how we discovered most of the under car faults, dropping the subframe down to get the sump out :)

So have you fitted a new pump already? Did you take off a main and big end cap to check for wear and also a cam cap?

So have you fitted a new pump already? Did you take off a main and big end cap to check for wear and also a cam cap?

No, we didn't take them off :( We did a visual inspection and checked for play on thrust washers..etc, according to the service manual. (It was supposed to have been built from the ground up 3000 miles ago). I believe Lee is going to get the oil analysed before putting it back together completely.

Has all this been repaired now? - If you repair the car at no cost then you potentially haven't lost anything. Make sure you are keeping track of the time you and your colleagues are spending and the costs you are incurring. Perhaps have then sign paperwork to say the times they were there from. Take photos of everything before, and after. Keep the damaged parts too.

Who was the garage involved in doing the initial build?

Have we heard anything from the company yet?

Is anyone working on the car today? Or are you finished now until you order the parts?

Im not there today bill, due to having to work on cars in swansea today. Plus parts are needed before anything else can be done really.

I woke up this morning with a bright read head and face and banging headache, guess I got sun stroke or something. I feel rough lol.

I'm somewhat redder, but not too bad (joys of growing up in africa), but dreading going outside to detail a mate's type-r in this heat, just ordering two gazebos... (and eyeing up a spot round the back in the shade)

Great to see members pulling together and helping out. As for the build, what can one say other than wow:blink: It does look very much like the CP has been the instigator of all the damage, never seen one shatter like that though. I wonder if it was damaged pre fitting? I'm not too sure throwing it back together without a visual inspection of the bearings is such a wise move, after all, the engine has been rotating with no oil pressure; soon find out I suppose. Try it and hope method.