The mkiv Supra Owners Club

L33 - Finding the problems on my car day pics

L33

We decided against the claim as got nothing out of them on the phone so it would just go on for months and its more hasstle than its worth

And the car never lost oil? We had to drian it all out when we took the sump off. If you remember when this first happened I said there was no oil loss when I shown the pics of the damaged pump

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided against the claim as got nothing out of them on the phone so it would just go on for months and its more hasstle than its worth

And the car never lost oil? We had to drian it all out when we took the sump off. If you remember when this first happened I said there was no oil loss when I shown the pics of the damaged pump

Sorry i mean oil pressure.

O rite, well the car died instantly when it lost the pressure and we think the engine is fine with the few checks mate but understand more checls could be made. Could think of the car as saving money on bits and if the engine really is fine that's a bonus

No I didn't get it back mate

I put this today just to see If there was any interest. Some one emailed me a while back with a offer but I deleted it and would prob take some thing close to that now!

There is a chance I now need to move out and find some where to rent so its goin to make things harder again even to run the car!

I did put a post a while back askin what size the braided fuel lines have to be that I need to get, or even rubber ones if I get that cover. Just keep looking at the car every day wishing I didn't have the bloody thing!

Ok guys, Who would be in favour of having a whip round for Lee to see if we can manage to take this Supra to one of our well known traders on here? I'm not loaded with money ( far from it ) and i know alot of us have families to support ( i have 5 children of my own ) and other projects with our own cars. However a small donation from each member would go along way to getting his car back on the road. What do you guys think about this? I don't know how it could be set up but i'm prepared to get ball rolling by donating £10 towards this :)

I've said before I wanted 10k for this but no that's not goin to happen so woud consider dropping if it got rid of the car! Prob easier to sell than having it fixed and then trying to sell for a higher price and stil being stuck with the car!

If you've really had enough mate and cant afford to fix it or get the money you want to sell it, have you put a price against every part incase breaking it is an option? would be a shame but one way or another u gotta get back on your feet :)

Shit Lee, don't sell it when its so close to being fixed!!!! Tell you what get the car to AFR and we will put it all back together for you, any parts we have kicking about like the plastic trims etc you can have, there will be NO labour fee although you will have to apreciate we would need to treat this as a hospital job!!:innocent: AFR will of course take no responsibility for the state of the engine.

Like I said get the car here and we will fit any of your parts etc for free.

Cant argue with that John :thumbs:

This is my ONE good deed for this year Wez!!!!!!;) That car was terrible, I feel sorry for Lee and if members are willing to have a whip round AFR are happy to do their bit and get the car sorted.

Seriously I don't want that at all bill! Very kind but please no, I feel like a charity case as it is and this is my problem I have to deal with

Your not a charity case at all mate, Were just trying to help a fellow member get back on the road properly

dude are you being serious?! i couldnt let you do it all for free, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night but appreciate your generosity

if you like you can PM me a rough price just for the stuff we found that would be able to get sorted if i was to get the car to you and then i can see what situation im in.

ive found some nice cars around the 8 - 10k mark that is more of a reliable cheaper car for saving cash and getting back on my feet while stil having a nice looking car to drive around in so i dont feel ive lost to much over past few years :)

Your not a charity case at all mate, Were just trying to help a fellow member get back on the road properly

i no mate and im so greatful but i felt terrible when all the guys came down to work on my car, just not used to it i guess

dude are you being serious?! i couldnt let you do it all for free, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night but appreciate your generosity

if you like you can PM me a rough price just for the stuff we found that would be able to get sorted if i was to get the car to you and then i can see what situation im in.

ive found some nice cars around the 8 - 10k mark that is more of a reliable cheaper car for saving cash and getting back on my feet while stil having a nice looking car to drive around in so i dont feel ive lost to much over past few years :)

Stop being a tool and just roll with it god darnit. :D You've had the utter coont ripped out of you by those cowboys, I feel sory for you. I bet there ain't one person that's read this and hasn't felt a bit bad for you.

Don't give up on the car. I've been there umpteen times (albeit on a slightly smaller scale :) ) If I put mine up for sale everytime something went wrong with it, I'd have sold it 50 times over.

The generosity shown in this thread in nothing short of remarkable, all the folks who helped Lee out, now AFR my hats off to you guys.

Just one of the reasons for making me want to join back up after a few months away.

Lee, stick it out mate.