The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me some Android apps, please.

RedM

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Like linux? Like to have a bootable version for use on pc's then I have the app for you!

Drivedroid

Allows you to boot linux from your phone once connected via usb. Tested it on my galaxy note 10.1 without issue!

Create your own bootable version or download one directly from within the app.

Like live wallpapers?

Check out magic fluid!

A very cool lwp that can be set to run at different resolutions so its compatible with even the slowest phones.

The dev states there isnt a phone that canrun the two highest settings yet but he wanted them in due to the speed at which technology moves at!

Nice live wallpaper, I'm still loving "Video Live Wallpaper" as mentioned earlier in the thread. Bored of the current video, just select a different video or movie to play. Some people are amazed when they realise it's a whole film that is playing in the background on the phone. :)

No so much an app but more a device.

For those in the market for a tablet, give the new Samsung galaxy note 10.1 a serious look. I have the N8020 which is the 4g version and this thing just blows the ipad away! So much so, my boss, the devoute apple fan loves it!

• 2 weeks later...

Apps for the tablet!

First up is AirDroid. Wireless connection to your android device via your web browser.

Open the app, put the supplied web address and password in your browser, and away you go.

Second is Sketchup pro for the budding artist!

A VERY good art package. On the note with spen it recognises pressure sensitivity etc.

I may of mentioned this one earler but I thought it might be worth mentioning again... for a practical joke reason.!

PRemoteDroid,

It turns your phone or tablet into a wireless mouse and keyboard. You run a small client on the computer, open the app and connect.

I have just installed this on one of the sales guys computers, disabled notifications and I am ready to control his mouse at anytime! Same kind of a joke with a bluetooth mouse, just with no real visable clues its running!

With the added bonus of the keyboard, I can type at the same time as him.... he may hear from morphius next time he types a word doc..... Neo... follow the white rabbit!

:D

Another one for you gents...

Have a network printer? Use PrinterShare to print directly from your pad.

As easy as search your printer, connect and away you go!

I have now done away with any pieces of paper when I leave the office. I have imported pdf versions of any documents I need into S notes, I write directly onto the pdf and print it when I get back to the office. Any new docs I need to do are done in documents to go and are compatible with microsoft office.

This note 10.1officially blows the ipad out of the water!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love my samsung note 2 phone good large screen.love the way its set up for sharing files unlike the iphones/pads.

The built in voice to text works well.the all share where you can send films music and pics through wifi to samsung tv's.

You can buy a MHL cable to play games and films on hdmi tv's.also can connect bluetooth mice and keyboards and hard drive via micro usb port.

On candy crush to get unlimited lives go into settings to manage aplications then to candy crush then clear data

Then load candy crush game then connect through facebook and you have 5 lives again.works everytime.

• 1 month later...

finally!

I have been looing for an app similar to airvideo on iOS.

its called Emit.

install the app on your phone, server client on the pc (reboot the pc for it to work) and away you go. plays video and music via lan and can be logged in away from home... but I havent checked it yet.

first impressions are good. it does struggle with bluray films but plays normal avi files ect without issue. it might be a settings thing, still experimenting. You can set up multiple servers if needs be and also download the film to your phone to watch later.

A great app!

cant remember uf I have mentioned this one but for those that have a samsung that is on stock but rootedand you want ota updates install SuperSU and triangle away from chainfire.

simply run triangle away and it will reset the custom flag in the bootloader to official. used combined with SuperSU you can also do a workaround to get the official in the settings status.

just done this on my gt 8020 and am now official and rooted and able to get ota updates.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dark Sky is excellent for highly accurate short-term radar weather forecasting.

It gives you a one hour localised forecast based on actual cloud imagery and will be very useful tonight and tomorrow, particularly for those in the southwest and southern England.

Also here's the banner ad for The Met Office iPhone and Android apps, though I haven't tried them myself; http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/services/weather

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been a while but had to share this one...

Wifi unlocker..... available from xda... not the play store.

Simply put, it checks any available wifi signals and using, I assume, rainbow tables and generates passwords for those that it thinks can be accessed. Fire the app up, wait a moment to search the networks and those that may be accessable turn green. Click the ssid and it generates 3 passwords to try.

And it actually works! As I am using someones wifi in the new place I have moved to today until I get my isp connected. Cheeky I know but needs must! :D

Also a reminder as to why stock passwords need to be changed on routers and networks when you first get them!