The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me some Android apps, please.

RedM

just taken my first dive into custom roms! I have been holding off as I didnt want to brick it! following these instructions for my magic ( I was already rooted so skipped to point 6)

installed rom manager from the market, followed all the instructions and have just installed yoshi's 2.3 (gingerbread) on my magic.

I took my time, followed the instructions and it worked first time! chuffed i must say!

now to have a play with the rom and see if its speedier than 2.2!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a HTC Desire.... and for some reason it is always showing the 'out of phone memory' sign.

I have removed most of my apps but still it shows. It first came up after the Flash player update but now it is there all the time. Any suggestions??? (I have a 32gig Mcard)

you could force apps2sd following this link. people seem to get decent results from it, or you will need to put a rom on it.

and yet another post! :D

use email alot? I found the standard email client on my SGS to be a little hit and miss.

I tried K-9 but removed that after 2 days due to excessive battery use. I continued the search and came across MailDroid.

Free on the market, took 5 minutes to set up and it works flawlessly! Sometimes I get emails on my phone quicker than I do on my Desktop!

• 3 weeks later...

Well after semi bricking my work galaxy s after attempting an official update (and not removing OCLF...ooops!)I decided to bung a custom rom on.

Currently rocking a speedmod kernal with a serendipity rom with ADW launcher as my home.

What can I say! Very quick and stable rom! Got it set up nicely now and I dont think I will be going back to stock!

Oh, and still rocking gingerbread on my magic with no issues at all.

Gotta love android!

Wait until honeycomb hits the mainstream on the tablets... Honeycomb is such an evolution :) REALLY nice

Although the android tabs haven't done themselves any favours since apple jumped out with the iPad 2.

yeah, I'm watching XDA for a rom! Dont know if I will experiment on the SGS yet as it is works phone and need a stable rom on for that but defo on my magic if someone makes it.

Its actually surprisingly easy flashing roms these days. I know I keep harping on about it but it now takes longer to sync with google than it does flashing the rom from zip! :D I think everyone should do it!

one for all you live wallpaper fans....

Jumpgate.

Follow the android through space! eats a bit of battery but dont most live wallpapers. I love this one at the mo!

xkQ0QtZaZlk

apk attached.

That's cool. Have you seen the super mario one?

No I havent fella. Will have a look for it!

And I have another one for you folks.

Fed up of the adds getting in the way when playing angry birds? Random adds in apps?

Install Adfree!

Update the host file in one click and away you go..

Free on the market!

• 2 weeks later...
Tapatalk any good? worth the 1.79?

Forgot to ask, if you change your phone do you have to pay again for the Apps?

No, it's tied to your google account, so as long as you're using the same account on the new phone the apps will appears as purchased in your market downloads.

I am running a custom Rom, it only happened over night while I was recharging the phone.

My phone stays awake when on charge, so it might be something to do with that.

I has an issue with another live wallpaper, the zombie/hunter one. It would just go blank until the phone is rebooted.

Li

I am running a custom Rom, it only happened over night while I was recharging the phone.

My phone stays awake when on charge, so it might be something to do with that.

I has an issue with another live wallpaper, the zombie/hunter one. It would just go blank until the phone is rebooted.

Sounds like its the rom rather than the lwp if you have had a problem with another one.

What rom you running?

• 2 weeks later...