The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me some Android apps, please.

RedM

I've just installed 2 android apps from http://www.motionportrait.com/e/ on my Google Nexus One:

:: HourFace - takes a picture of someone and turns it into a 3D animation of them growing old. (example vid)

:: PhotoSpeak - takes a picture of someone and turns it into a 3D speaking portrait ala Harry Potter. (example vid)

Both apps are 350 JPN YEN each - less than £3 in real money and are great for having a laugh with your mates. The 3D character will follow your finger as you drag it around the screen too.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok gents...

for those that are looking to root their android, its now just very easy!

You need to download superoneclick. See attached. extract the files to a folder and run the superoneclick exe as an admin. Set the phone to debug via usb mode in the apps development menu on the phone and connect to usb. Click the root button and let it do its thing! Simple as!

If you are running donut/cupcake (1.6/1.5) Extract the SU bin file from the signed.zip to the extracted superoneclick folder and overwrite the original SU and click on root.

SuaXu8kusvA

Just installed setCPU and overclocked the phone to run a bit faster!

• 3 weeks later...

:: HourFace - takes a picture of someone and turns it into a 3D animation of them growing old. (example vid)

:: PhotoSpeak - takes a picture of someone and turns it into a 3D speaking portrait ala Harry Potter. (example vid)

just for you! see attached:

NOTE: PHOTO SPEAK ONLY Rename the file extention from .zip to .rar and unpack using winrar. The file will self build into the apk so long as you have downloaded and changed the filename to both. (only way I could get it to upload to the forum)

• 1 month later...

I use handcent sms, definitely better than the original. Music Junk is a good app for downloading music, Easytube is a good youtube downloader app you can also convert and save as mp3 files. Alarm clock xtreme for those who have trouble getting up in the morning like me!!

• 2 weeks later...

and another quality app found....

wyse pocket cloud.

basically a full vnc client. Browse you own computer on the phone! set up a dropbox account and those files for work that you have left at home are easily retrievable... or even email them to yourself, direct from home!

There is a free version available on the market or the attached version... one key difference, the attached version allows sound and multiple computers!

install apk on phone, install the wyse companion on the computer.

Use your google account to quick set up on the computer followed by the same on the phone.

your good to go! its as simple as that!

I recommend using wifi on the phone...(data use and all that) and leaving your computer at the user log in screen.

Download both zip files and open the first one in winrar. It will rebuild and just drag to your location from winrar. File works 100% and tested on both my magic and SGS

I have a few great applications that I've downloaded lately.

Catch that Bus. Live Departure Boards for a lot of Bus Stops/Bus Companys across the UK.

Flightrader24. Harmless fun, but plots Airplane locations and has a AR mode too.

Google Sky Map. Like the Flighradar24 above, but with planets.

QQPlayer. Only app I've found that plays most of my AVI's

Touch Calendar. Only using the Freeone, but a great touch Calendar for my phone.

• 3 weeks later...