The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me some Android apps, please.

RedM

Very interesting, will give that a go on my tablet :D

Although make sure you dont get caught, I think illegally accessing wifi is a criminal offence if you get reported ;)

I meant useful to check the security of my home network of course 😇

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more for you to try out.

Do you have a galaxy note 3 and want to root without tripping knox? Give Towelroot a try. Worked perfectly on mine and knox still intact.

once you have root, or you are currently rooted install AppOps. This gives you the ability to block certain permissions on all apps... so you dont want Messenger access to anything, this will block it!

finally for a bit of show... change the stock launcher for Next Launcher. Hugely customizable and looks cool to boot!

• 5 weeks later...

another couple of cool apps for you.

First up a live 3D wallpaper... 3D parallax background. 3d wallpapers that work off the sensors in the phone. You can even select images from your folders and use them.

next up is Zooper Widget Pro. Customisable widget maker. Very good for making widgets how you want them.....have a tutorial vid to give you an idea as its a bit limitless! You can also download a huge array of skins off the playstore.

Use it with the app widget lock and you can set up the widgets from zooper on your lockscreen to make it fully customisable. What you can do with this lot is VAST!

Has anyone tried the oneplus one, I missed the pre order window and was wondering if it was worth trying to get an invite?

A workmate of mine has one. It looks okay and the specs are decent but in hand it still feels a little cheap to me?

A similar size to my Note 3 but feels a lot bulkier / heavier to hold.

I wouldn't be trading my current phone for one but at the price they're selling at its not a bad option.

Ps my work colleague sold his HTC M8 for it and did a LOT of research before hand :)

I have the note 3 and don't really want to swap it.

What I do want though, is to be able to root it so I can control what permissions app's are allowed. I'm finding more and more that every app seems to want access to most of my phone - a train timetable app wanted my photos and identity yesterday?! And Facebook scares me to death.

So the question is, is there a safe and easy way to root the note 3?

I have the note 3 and don't really want to swap it.

What I do want though, is to be able to root it so I can control what permissions app's are allowed. I'm finding more and more that every app seems to want access to most of my phone - a train timetable app wanted my photos and identity yesterday?! And Facebook scares me to death.

So the question is, is there a safe and easy way to root the note 3?

I believe our friend above recommended Towelroot ;)

Towelroot no longer works.

The flaw it utilises has been fixed now.

The other issue with Samsung phones is that they have Knox, which I think can lock your phone but not sure.

There is a way to get Towelroot to work but you need to flash an earlier stock rom. Towelroot will also never be updated as the dev now works for google. Root is done via odin but its more if you want warranty or not. I am lucky as i was able to use towelroot, knox is 0x0 (ie, not tripped) and my status is still official in settings and in the bootloader

Knox doesn't lock the phone. Its just an efuse that shows the phone has been tampered with. Once tripped, it cant be changed back and warranty is well and truly void. edit: Or so I thought! seems a bod on xda has returned his back to 0x0!

Also.... when Lollipop is released, think very carefully before you update and want root. Word is that it is going to be completely locked down and root is going to be alot hard/impossible to achieve anymore. Have a read on xda developers and chainfires thoughts on it