The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me some Android apps, please.

RedM

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys a huge development in flashing has been done by chain fire on the xda forums.

He has created a Mobile ODIN app.

This means you can now flash your SGS and sgsII without a computer using .tar files. Using Everoot also means it will root on install so no need to do it afterwards.

He is expanding it each day but if you can use Odin to flash, you will be able to use this.

Genius if you ask me!

• 1 month later...

Not quite an app update but I thought I should mention ICS!

I have a galaxy s and there have been some clever bods on xda that have now got a stable release out. I flashed it last night and very happy with it so far! Everything works as it should. Face recognition works after being trained a couple of times.

I flashed over a darky rom and kernel. Ended up boot looping due to CWM darky being incompatible. Pulled the battery and 3 button combo'd into recovery which caused CM version to boot instead and flashed from zip again. No issues installing after that.

If you have an SGS now is the time to try ICS!

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you with a SGS and it's varients, check out the app, perks file stash.

This chap has filed all things rom related both stock and modded and created the app so you can download them direct to your phone. I use it a lot to download new modems to try and the stock rom for my SGS.

Another good one is aLogcat. For those that help or develope themselves, this little app is basically a a logcat on your phone. Imagine a dump file in windows. That app lets you read it. Again very handy for fault finding.

And for a bit off fun, stick cricket!

It's cricket... And quite hard!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ahhh a timely bump!

Just having a play with an app called network spoofer..... Just checked and its no longer on the market.

It basically hijacks any unsecure wifi network to do mischevious things, like reroute all web pages to kittens.com or a site of your choice, rotate all pictures, rickroll all youtube videos etc etc

Its only for rooted phones and i could pull out the apk if anyone really wants it. ;)

Edit: go to the developers site to get it as well.

I also use the photobucket app. Very handy for uploading my images as soon as i take them on the builds etc.

Been a bit slow on the apps list since i got my One X, it does everything I want so havent needed any! Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been a bit quiet on the flashing front :flasher: recently due to having the HOX but I have been delving back into it with the trusty SGS.

The girlfriend recently upgraded to a SGS3 so I thought I would try out CM10/JB on her phone.

I have to say that these devs just keep amazing me! Im running CM7 on mine and this is just way ahead of that. so many options to help customize it to how I want it!

I did have an error with the imei number but that was due to me not flashing in the correct order. :rolleyes: soon fixed with Odin though!

Anyone who hasnt done this yet, I highly recommend it!

On the games front, if you like puzzle games have a look at 100 rooms, 100 floors, 100 doors. Nice and puzzling but doable!

For a bit of fun for those with a samsung...

Go to about phone, look for the android version number and tap it a few times quickly.....On the next screen rub it a little....

I have jellybean on mine and after rubbing the bean im now flicking the bean......s about the screen! :D

For a bit of fun for those with a samsung...

Go to about phone, look for the android version number and tap it a few times quickly.....On the next screen rub it a little....

I have jellybean on mine and after rubbing the bean im now flicking the bean......s about the screen! :D

It'll do that on any Android phone. Each version of Android has a different easter egg feature found by tapping repeatedly on the version number. The Ice Cream Sandwich one was pretty good.

• 3 months later...

Right back OT, I assume we are all sitting with our shiny new Nexus 10's? Just me then. :D

Anyone got any good apps, especially ones designed for a 10 inch tablet?

I'm really enjoying Mupen64(N64 emulator) and FPse(PS1 emulator)

So much fun playing old games like Mario Kart and Crash Bandicoot. :D

The Nexus 10 is awesome and has handled every game with ease.

best free sat nav is navfree. post code search,can link from google searches and can download all maps, euro inc so dont need data conection. its better than my garmin. also if you plug your phone into you car stereo to use as an mp3 player at the same time it automatically lowers the music volume while it gives you your next direction then bangs it back up for you afterwards.

also htc suck. you have no warranty trust me. get insurance