Pero

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are all the gibbons lol

:p

Sorry I meant the leather seats, Active Spoiler, Big Brakes, though you can't get some of the things as you will know (Poster might not) like heated seats, headlight washers, Glass headlights, Steel turbo's & bigger injectors.

I went for a UK car mainly on insurance reasons and getting the bigger brakes, injectors etc etc with the car

As said above its personal choice, looking back having spent 14k on a UK car 5 years ago I could have gone with an import already kitted/wide arch or single turbo for the same money. Really depends on what you want. :)

I would really like something I don't have to spend a lot of time and money on. Something with respectable power output and nice spec - nothing over the top. Maybe something around 400rwbhp? You think that is obtainable with 10k?

I would really like something I don't have to spend a lot of time and money on. Something with respectable power output and nice spec - nothing over the top. Maybe something around 400rwbhp? You think that is obtainable with 10k?

Yes (but ~400bhp crank, not at the wheels).

Guest SupraTroopa

With or without said gibbons? :D

:p

Sorry I meant the leather seats, Active Spoiler, Big Brakes, though you can't get some of the things as you will know (Poster might not) like heated seats, headlight washers, Glass headlights, Steel turbo's & bigger injectors.

All these + more come standard on a UK spec car ;) along with if you buy the right car lots of history, mots to back up mileage and if anyone wants a look at mine a rust free underside:)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

In my mind the only advantages to a UK car are the following; cheaper insurance and more providers will cover it, has pretty much all the extras which are optional on some imports and if it’s standard will run fine on cheaper 95 fuel.

When it comes down to which is the better car it depends on if things like glass head lights, heated seats and softer suspention are useful to you; if not, its just extra weight.

No one is going to go to the trouble of importing a complete wreck so the condition of imports should usually be better whereas UK cars will have had to weather the rain and salted roads their whole lives and are more likely to have rust.

If both cars are in the same condition I would personally prefer a UK car for the extras it is likely to have and the convenience of cheaper insurance and being able to fill up anywhere.

Guest SupraTroopa

As has already been said, just look for the right car. There is pros and cons with both. Although UKs are a lot harder to come by and unless you want to pay a lot more and or wait a lot longer, you are generally restricted to an auto supe as the majority of UK supras were/are auto.

Edited by SupraTroopa (see edit history)

No one is going to go to the trouble of importing a complete wreck so the condition of imports should usually be better whereas UK cars will have had to weather the rain and salted roads their whole lives and are more likely to have rust.

Sadly some importers will go to the trouble of importing wrecks on the basis that they can then bold lumps of fibreglass to them to hide the damage, spray them and sell them on at a huge profit.

BTW it rains in Japan and it's surrounded by salty water.

Sadly some importers will go to the trouble of importing wrecks on the basis that they can then bold lumps of fibreglass to them to hide the damage, spray them and sell them on at a huge profit.

BTW it rains in Japan and it's surrounded by salty water.

A bit like here then :D

Regarding salt on roads, if a car purchased in 1993 to 1996 has been used on UK roads that is at least 14 years of winters. The MKIV has a very good record as far as corrosion is concerned and does not tend to look its age underneath. There is just the potential for higher corrosion rates on any cars that have been used for any length of time over here whether UK or import. There is a good chance that UK's will be the first to show the signs of salt damage, purely because they may have seen more salt. You may be lucky and get a UK car that has never been used in winter. I have had my import for nearly 10 years, it has had 6 years of winter use. It has never been jet washed underneath. At the last MOT the tester commented on the clean condition and said it was in better condition that many cars three years old that were having their first MOT. There use to be a thing going round that suggested that imports were not as well sealed underneath and were there for likely to rust, it turns out that was just a myth created to put buyers off import cars.

In recent years salt used on roads has been mixed with sugar, as the sugar make the mix stick to the road surface so in theory will last longer on the road. It also stick for longer on our cars.

As for UK or import, it has to be your decision, there are pros and cons with both, just go for the best car you can get for your money and you will be very satisfied.

* other primates are also available. Terms and conditions may apply.

Really?

Is there one available that I could set loose in the car to find and destroy the gibbons? I swear I heard them talking about cutting my brakes earlier, they really want me dead:(

rust is a big issue for my overseas buyers, ask the likes of the tuners on here when working on these cars..

you cant beat working on a fresh import NO rusted bolts etc etc.

very clean underneath some have had the 112KM restrictor all its life.

some UK cars are still mint the last one i know sold for 10k P3te on heres cars and its auto..

you buy the car on the quality..

michaels car looks like a good one and well kept example and its top money as it should be.

you can get imports for 6k or 9k..

the better cars will cost more for a reason..

it might be due to - facelift, lower miles, better bodywork, no rust or mods.

Edited by Jurgen-Jm-Imports (see edit history)

I think I'll have to look at the imports then. I also asked my insurance company to give me a rough estimate on a twin and it seems it will cost about the same as I'm paying for my Type R at the moment!

you might not have a choice mint uk cars are so hard to come by.as said try and get the best example.