The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road!

JamieP

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Bahns supra has managed a 244 so far, in a mile, on 'low' boost, Jee :Pling:

thats supremely impressive, don't think any car on that list is capable of doing that or anywhere close to....

is he using warp drive on his car?

Just seen this video Y2COXVl5WtA

and it got up to 164 mph, but its an auto, so would it be fair to say that this wouldnt be anything over bpu levels? therefore 175+ should be easily achieved by the likes of JamieP and Lee.

Edit: Just seen this one aswell, and they guy has 750bhp and hits 201mph, so both Jamie and Lee should smash it ;)

exp_uSUMefw

Edited by SupraD06 (see edit history)

Be nice but im still not sure, thats a 76mm turbo.

Last year pig did 173mph with 600bhp, im about 850bhp in the lower 4 gears and about 700bhp in 5th and 6th, anything over 180 and ill be happy, not long and we will know.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I am pretty sure you will do 190+.

I just had a look at one of tests the US mag "Road and Track" did 2 years ago. A 580hp Murchielago (heavy NA 4wd car) did 179mph on the standing mile. The 620 hp Mercedes SLR did 183.

You and Lee will certainly go 10-15 mph faster than these :D

I did Woodbridge quite a few years ago and managed 164mph with my bpu'd supra @1.2bar.

totb 2007 was 10.9 1/4, 174mph @1.7 bar and high stall auto. The acceleration just fell away after 160 with the 3800 stall.

I'll be running between 1.6/8 bar on my t67 manual although I'm still running my noisy 6 speed box, so no high revs off the line for me. If I get close to 180 I'll be chuffed to bits.:)

well such a popular and risk taking guy like yourself jamie i thought you would have had a sweepstake going by now:d

i will go 193mph

and that will need serious driving skills, young pig manage 173mph the last time we went, although the 1 mile sprint track was actualy worse than a motorway, lumps bumps galore:rolleyes:

good luck though, gutted i can not be there

I did Woodbridge quite a few years ago and managed 164mph with my bpu'd supra @1.2bar.

totb 2007 was 10.9 1/4, 174mph @1.7 bar and high stall auto. The acceleration just fell away after 160 with the 3800 stall.

I'll be running between 1.6/8 bar on my t67 manual although I'm still running my noisy 6 speed box, so no high revs off the line for me. If I get close to 180 I'll be chuffed to bits.:)

great result with a bpu auto

well such a popular and risk taking guy like yourself jamie i thought you would have had a sweepstake going by now:d

i will go 193mph

and that will need serious driving skills, young pig manage 173mph the last time we went, although the 1 mile sprint track was actualy worse than a motorway, lumps bumps galore:rolleyes:

good luck though, gutted i can not be there

Trouble with my car is i run lots of boost but not in the top two gears where it counts for an event like this, (5th and 6th i only run 1.6bar) thats why i dont think ill do that well.

I will have my iphone with me tomorrow so ill update the times as the day goes on.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Be nice but im still not sure, thats a 76mm turbo.

Last year pig did 173mph with 600bhp, im about 850bhp in the lower 4 gears and about 700bhp in 5th and 6th, anything over 180 and ill be happy, not long and we will know.

I say JP hits over 187mph

Please dont, i dont want the pressure, Lee and robbie ar both more likely to get a higher speed than me, they both got better terminals than me at suprapod.

Ok ;)

... just thought you would need a little bit of pressure to keep the adrenaline high :D