The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road!

JamieP

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man wish my car never broke, i think i could of done well.

this 10.8 Quarter mile - r35 gtr did it a 203.4 standing mile..today

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=38639&st=20

i think my estimate of mine done 180 was way wrong..

i think next year i will aim for 195-200mph lol..(if the datsun does not let me down)....

get your vids up to cheer me up please..

Do you mean stock Johnny? I dont follow what you mean by modern cars hitting 200 over a mile.

200 is "easy", doing it in a mile is a totally different kettle of teapots.

Oh yea, but the aero is where the Supra loses out - after chatting with Jay and seeing his car against his mates Porsche, neck-a-neck till the aero drag hurts the Supra.

I appreciate doing it in 1 mile is a completely kettle of bananas

Had a Fun day:) Congrats Lee, awsome top speed & as always nice to put faces to names.

I Had lots of gear change problems end ended with a best of 189.22 on my 3rd run with a slip into 5th. Not bad for a completely stock engine with j-spec cams and road fuel;)

Do you reckon the faults you had was due to the engine being pushed to much at 2.3bar Jamie?

High boost would have killed the clutch, im not sure what caused the misfire yet but as its all coming out ill just go with new everything to eliminate it.

Great results

Did guigsy run?

ill have to check the results to be 100% sure as my memory is shocking. But i was very pleased.

First and 2nd run i was hitting the factory limit. untill lee showed me how to get rid :p next 3 runs got better each time.

163.5 mph

12.7 sec 1/4

Dont remember my time for the mile. Didnt win anything... but i spanked AlexM's ass. UKspec BPU > Jspec Bpu :p;):D

Alex has a video of everyone i think.

However on my 5th run my drivers side rear caliper gave up.

One of the bolts holding it in came off somehow so when i slowed down the caliper pivoted arround the top bolt (also loose), rubbed against the inside of the wheel and knocked off all the ballencing weights!

Lee came to the rescue again and managed to get it held in place by removing a bolt from the towing eye! Bit of an iffy bodge but it did the job and i limped home. took me 2 hours to get there and 3 to get back.

Glad to be home as after a 5:30 start this morning im shattered. Great day. Thanks all. Esp Jamie for the loan of the helmet. And LeeP for the help.