The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road!

JamieP

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thunder Road is an event for Sensibly Tuned & Standard Road Cars NOT Drag Racing Cars. Nitrous, Parachutes, Sticky Tyres, Screamer Pipes etc are not what this event is about If you are not sure if your car is suitable then please drop us an email"

Can you not run a car with screamer pipe?

Thats me out then!

It was never in there to start with, none of us ever see it, ill be supprised if its a problem tbh.

Did you email them mate, as I see you've booked yours in to have the screamer plumbed in?

I'm sure you'll be fine, they can't be that anal, can they ?

Don't know mate, mine is bloody loud though, been looking forward to this for ages as well.... even managed to persuade my other half to have my passenger ticket

Be interesting to see how a bpu Supra would do.

Looks like we will find out :p

Worth bringing a set of uk spec rears along do you think? Dont think the rubber on them is much good tho. Nothing fancy.

But i doubt ill be struggleing for traction on my 18's i don't on a normal road. Dont think ill be shredding the tyres much :p. Total newbie at 1mile events.

Did you email them mate, as I see you've booked yours in to have the screamer plumbed in?

Don't know mate, mine is bloody loud though, been looking forward to this for ages as well.... even managed to persuade my other half to have my passenger ticket

Ive not emailed em, they wont know you got a screamer till half way down the track, make that first run you best:D

Everyone on the hsv forum is saying noise aint an issue, some very loud cars on there.

576bhp/500lbs is not to be sniffed at, id bet you would be in the top ten if you can keep your foot in:cool:

Oh yeah it seems plenty quick enough for me but I was reading figures in the 7 and 900's n thought hmmm lol.

Still I assume the Supra's will whip the snot out of the Porsche's etc will they not or are all entries modified ?

Looks like we will find out :p

Worth bringing a set of uk spec rears along do you think? Dont think the rubber on them is much good tho. Nothing fancy.

But i doubt ill be struggleing for traction on my 18's i don't on a normal road. Dont think ill be shredding the tyres much :p. Total newbie at 1mile events.

Good stuff, im sure the 18's will be fine, it dont really matter what sort of start you get, im running my 18's.

My new turbo has been delayed so ive canceled it, not expecting to do very well at thunder road now, i have a sick turbo on the car so im gonna run less boost, on a plus side ive ordered a billet 74mm turbo, should see some big numbers from my car very soon.

What sort of figures are you expecting?