The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's Billet 6765 Single Conversion ...!

Jamesy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping the car off with Lee next week for work to begin probably the week after!! :D :D

Just hoping now with the GReddy inlet manifold, Q45 and other little bits along with the FCON Gold, we should get nicely over 500hp :sly:

Come on mate your holding me up now :p.

• 3 weeks later...

Might have a slight change of plans for this now - am in the process of choosing a new turbo. :D

After spending time reading other projects and speaking to other members, i've decided i'd rather go for big power now rather than booking in again with Lee straight away for a new turbo!!

My top 3 choices for turbo are currently between:

BW 91/79

Billet 67dbb

T04Z

Would lke to get it up to around 700bhp, but i know to achieve that i'll need to upgrade the cams asap.......

Decisions Decisions!! :D

Might have a slight change of plans for this now - am in the process of choosing a new turbo. :D

After spending time reading other projects and speaking to other members, i've decided i'd rather go for big power now rather than booking in again with Lee straight away for a new turbo!!

BW 91/79

Billet 67dbb

T04Z

Would lke to get it up to around 700bhp, but i know to achieve that i'll need to upgrade the cams asap.......

I knew it wouldn't be long :) Good choice. After they finished mine I was already wanting a new one!

BW 91/79

Billet 67dbb

T04Z

Nice,

700bhp with a BL auto you will do a mid 10 second 1/4 with ease id say.

I knew it wouldn't be long :) Good choice. After they finished mine I was already wanting a new one!

exactly mate - i KNOW i'll want more so why not do it before Lee fits the GT35R :)

and after being out in jamie's all day yesterday it cemented these feelings!! :D

Nice,

700bhp with a BL auto you will do a mid 10 second 1/4 with ease id say.

Would be great mate, i think much over that and the BL box may struggle - Lee's fitting 2 coolers on it already!

Roll on Aug 14th at the Pod!!

How much is the Billet. When do you have to make your mind up.

Want to make my mind up within the next week or 2 really mate, even though its one of the last things to be fitted ...... the Billet 67 is top of my wish list but i'll have to see what pans out in the next week or so :)

Things seem to be coming along nicely now eh Jamesy? :eyebrows:

I'll be eager, as I'm sure will you to see this run once completed.

Thanks mate - yeah we're getting all the final bits in now!!

Just need to decide between me and Lee which turbo is best for what i want which is 700bhp eventually once the cams go in!

The BW turbos are rated to 720hp but so far all the results i've seen with people having them fitted are between 550bhp-620bhp. Again the cams are a big step in making it possible! The Billet turbo is the best mix of power and spool though but cant really stretch to a new unit.

Either way i just cant wait to get it all done and enjoy the summer ... and Suprapod!!

Personally I'd want a turbo that isn't running at its maximum for the power level I'm after, so maybe go with something bigger than the BW units you mention just to over-engineer a little? I think the billet 67 would suit your build nicely.

Personally I'd want a turbo that isn't running at its maximum for the power level I'm after, so maybe go with something bigger than the BW units you mention just to over-engineer a little? I think the billet 67 would suit your build nicely.

bloody good point mate :thumbs:

Gamers car was pretty insane on a 71 with bl auto, felt very fast back then, must of been about 700bhp.

Dont remember that one - what 71 turbo was that mate?

Apparently the BL box will make it feel nice and tight - just point and steer!!!

I mentioned this to you last week during or pm session.

You don't want to be pushing a turbo beyond it's effiencey range.

Yeah spot on Rick :)

Having some Further guidance from Ryan about the turbo choice.

With regards to hks cams.....what are the differences or best options as ive seen 256, 264 and 272's all advertised in the past?!?!

Cheers Ryan, will have a look around today.

What are the differences between the 256, 264, 272 and 280's though? is there a certain type better suited to what i'm after? :)

256, 264, 272 & 280 is the duration of the cam. Duration is the angle in crankshaft degrees that the valve stays off its seat during the lifting cycle of the cam lobe.

Increasing duration keeps the valve open longer, and can increase high-rpm power.

Wouldn't look at anything over 264 otherwise the engine will become too lumpy :)