The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's Billet 6765 Single Conversion ...!

Jamesy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx mate.

Have been quoted £500 for a new set of Brian Crower 264 cams - unsure how good they are compared to others though and how competitive that price is..... :)

BC cams are good, my GSC cams are re-profiled BC's

They seem a good price mate.

I have had a good price from MVP for a set.

Better price than £500 mate?? :)

BC cams are good, my GSC cams are re-profiled BC's

Cheers mate, dont know too much about cams yet, but if i decide to add these am i right in thinking the lower ones (like 264), will create more bhp, but not hinder the spool too much and not make it too lumpy on idle?

Thanx mate.

Have been quoted £500 for a new set of Brian Crower 264 cams - unsure how good they are compared to others though and how competitive that price is..... :)

Are these prices per cam I take it, or are they for the pair...?

Good job on asking all these questions, I dont know much about cams but these posts are proving very informative :)

Cheers guys - so a 264/264 should be horrendous to drive everyday on the road?

My HKS 264/264 are very nice.

Idle is like stock .. only difference is that idle is set at 1k due to lightened flywheel.

But it doesn't rev irregularly at idle - the needle stays very calm.

My HKS 264/264 are very nice.

Idle is like stock .. only difference is that idle is set at 1k due to lightened flywheel.

But it doesn't rev irregularly at idle - the needle stays very calm.

Good to know mate thanks a lot - am speaking with Lee about options :D

Ricky's car will never get done:D

:( .....

am just seeing what he suggests for the build/power we are aiming for at the moment, just thought while the engine being worked on and in pieces would be the best time to do it!! :)

Ok after a lot of thought and advice i've decided to go for the BW 91/79 turbo .88ar :D

....also got something a little special sorted out for new race cams, will reveal all shortly but very pleased :D

Only other thing is possibly the line lock kit but we're now good to go .... thanx for all the advice so far guys ;)

Nice choice on tubby matey :thumbs:

Cheers mate. We think it'll make a solid 650hp with the supporting mods.

Lee's mentioned the jump from there to 700hp is a big one and will prob involve a whole new fuelling system so i'll leave that for a later date :D

What sort of fueling upgrades do you have? Bosch 044 pump, Sard 800cc drop in injectors, right? Have you got rid off the fuel bypass damper? I cant wait to see what sort of hp figures you get! Good luck with the build!

What sort of fueling upgrades do you have? Bosch 044 pump, Sard 800cc drop in injectors, right? Have you got rid off the fuel bypass damper? I cant wait to see what sort of hp figures you get! Good luck with the build!

Thanx mate. Yes, damper coming out, bosch 044 fuel pump and sard 800cc injectors going in. :)