The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero N/A T Complete

Davey001

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a chat with David today and looks like we've solved a few issues. Throttle calibration is now done and the AAV settings are (after a bit of messing) set correctly. David reports that the AFR's on idle are now more or less where they should be (14.0 on warm idle), though it looks like the wideband and plugs are a bit fouled after the previous overfuel. The idle overfuel was caused by the thottle calibration not being done, it looks like it was shifting the throttle positon to a part of the map where +40% fuel was being added hence the rich AFR.

However, it is now idling a little high, but that was before the AAV settings were adjusted. Now just waiting to hear from David if the last set of adjustments on the AAV resolve the high idle issue (1000rpm warm).

Next, to try and sort the map out so it can be driven off-boost, though I strongly advise against doing anything other than starting it. The map is really, really "wrong". Once again, I've re-stated that this car should not be driven at all in the current state.

attachment.php?attachmentid=108925&stc=1&d=1272318961

Daveys map v3.jpg

Hey mate, Just fired the car up again and it seemed to idle abit better when cold! Still slighty high but acceptable! You had another look at the map? Davey

Good news :) Can you mail me the lastest copy of the map?

Still don't understand why there's additional values added to the airflow table in the way they are (static across each throttle position).... any ideas folks?

Edit - just noticed the timing table - it's adding timing at idle for some reason... set the timing values for 500, 1000, 1500 and 2000 to zero where pressure is atmospheric and on vacuum. Not sure if that'll make any difference, but it shouldn't be there...

In fact, easier to set all timing changes to zero... Currently it's advancing timing almost everywhere in the map.

All up and running now with big help from, homer and dr jekyll!!! Took the car out for a drive and the A/F Readings are perfect, car idles and runs like a dream. Think I'll still be contacting ryan to do me a proper map before I use the car properly! The boost is unreal compared to the standard N/A. Very impressed and so pleased Ive done this! Everything is fitting and working great, only one small trouble got the smallest weap from the oil return plate fitted on the sump, the paper gaskets musn't be up to much so was thinking about trying some flexible high temp gasket sealant toi try and solve this. Anyone else had this trouble? Its only started weaping since the oil has heated up and would hate it to get worse! Apart from that its Thumbs up !:thumbs:

Will post some updated pics up soon!

As menioned on PM, very pleased to hear this Dave :) It's been a long road the last few days to get the car running correctly!

Forgot to ask on the last PM if the map you used for the run was the last one I sent (v5) or the previous one? The engine should run and drive much better on the v5 map.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys just thought I would post some pictures of my Aero N/A T project which after a long wait is all finished. I haven't had much time lately with work but spent the last few weekends getting things finished off. Ive still got so many bits I still want to do with this car but Its back up and running and thats the main thing at the moment. Now the intercooler pipe problem is cured I have had the car out and about and i have got to say it is unreal for a N/A! I would definitely say to people out there with N/As and are fancying the conversion go for it. You wont be disappointed! Its not an easy job and there are so many problems created along the way but you get through it! Thanks to all the help I have had off so many of you guys too.

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

Looks nice. Didn't someone once find a lower height disi cap and matching rotor arm? If so they could be useful to you! Well done, neat job.

Thanks mate, I have the 4 runner cap but everything fits fine as it is so dint see the point in changing it. Just for future reference is the cap a straight swap using existing rotor arm? Also do the leads go back as numbered on the cap or do they change positions?

only 2 of the 3 bolt holes line up on the 4 runner cap , and the plugs are nuberd differently so you have to work out the fireing order to plug them up to

I thought that was right I'm sure thats the other reason why I didn't change it. I have the details wrote down some where to know which leads go at which number.