The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero N/A T Complete

Davey001

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this start to finish, that looks a great effort Davey !! :thumbs: Very good to see a couple of guys really going above and beyond during your EMB problems, especially Darren. This thread really promotes the club spirit.

Thanks mate! Its been hard going but well worth it. Shame the snow is here now so I'll not have it out till easter time now! Gutted :( All the roads around where I live have been dosed in grit today so theres no chance of getting it out in that. Pleased you read through, theres loads more stuff I should have put on as I did the conversion but I get very little time to do anything these days. Cheers Davey

• 1 year later...

Just to let you guys know this project was completed & is currently garaged but will be back on the road in april time. Everything running perfect, showing correct on the A/F gauges & not smoking. Its been in the garage for around 12 months but had it down my local straight for a run yesterday & perfect. So don't anyone considering a N/A conversion be put off, hard work but let me tell you well worth it! this car was quick for an N/A but it doesn't half shift for a N/A T. Theres a few quality motors around my area & think they are all scared shit of this now. But this post was only left to let you know mission was accomplished & please try! Be patient tho it doesn't happen overnight! Thanks to everyones help! Cheers Davey

I feel this project went well & would love to help any future projects. The biggest trouble with my conversion is I could only work on it between work mainly at weekends so it would stand from week to week which isn't the best but at the end of the day my work came first & had to fund the project. I think as a joiner I did pretty well in this conversion & with very little productive work in the motor trade I completed the tasks pretty well. Many of my mates have said I had completed an impossible task, I knew my self I would never be beaten & this car had to be turbo's. As I stated earlier everything came with patients & as much as I wished this could not be completed overnight, it took months of research & planning.