The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero N/A T Complete

Davey001

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a copy of the EMB setup instrcutions in front of me (available from the mohdparts site) and also displayed here: http://web.archive.org/web/20080117043655/www.mohdparts.com/emanage/manuals/emanage_software_manual/index.html (Page 11 onwards)

This will remove any map currently installed on the EMB, but I assume that's not an issue...

Here's the start.

Download the communication program (Main unit update)

1) Always disconnection the 12 pin connector on the main unit

2) Check and make sure that the status bar is displaying "ONLINE". If it does not show "ONLINE" check your com port settings

3) The program will automatically detect a new unit with an old system program. When the update window shows on the screen, click "OK" to start downloading the update

etc...

I'd recommend running through this exactly as it says and see if you can get the map screen loaded

No idea mate, but that's what the instructions say! Power might be supplied by the USB cable, I'm not entirely sure... It's only flashing the unit so might not need full power supply.

Edit: BTW, can you try this first...

Turn the ignition on

Go to 'main unit setting information' under 'setting'

Do you get a window displayed?

So, can you actually view the current map on the ECU? (might need to select 'real time' option)

If you can do that I cannot see how this can be a communications issue.

Is it correct that you have a map file on your laptop you're trying to load onto the EMB? If so, try turning off real time update, open the map from your laptop then export this to the ECU

I cannot veiw any current data on the emb, i do have a map which iam trying to export to the emb but when i open the map onto the emb and try to export it wont let me, thats when the communication error comes in

Sorry mate, I've not touched an EMB for 4 years so I'm running out of ideas.

If as above you can view the 'main unit information' it is pulling data from the ECU. Can you view any other settings from the ECU or open the fuel tables?

From what you've said it seems that the import and export option are not working.

I'll PM Ian C and ask him to take a look at the thread but doubt he'll be online now.

Cant veiw anything from the ecu, I can change settings in the settings bar, like the main unit setting, i an tick boxes and what ever else but can update them back onto the unit.

Yeah that would be great if you could do that! Running out of ideas myself, looking like a new one! :(

Cant veiw anything from the ecu, I can change settings in the settings bar, like the main unit setting, i an tick boxes and what ever else but can update them back onto the unit.

Yeah that would be great if you could do that! Running out of ideas myself, looking like a new one! :(

Okay, just to be clear on what I'd asked earlier:

Do a fresh connection to the EMB. Turn on real time connection. Do not open your laptop saved map file. Turn the ignition on. Go to 'main unit setting information' under 'setting'. Check that a window opens and displays the unit settings with 7-4-0 in the top left.

If that happens it confirms you have a connection to the ECU.

If you have that, try viewing the other tables and options and see if it pulls any data, or gives a communication error.

PS: Do you have a wireless network connection on your laptop? I could setup a remote session from here and take a look directly...

So there is no connection at all! When i just have the usb cable plugged into my laptop and disconected from the emb it still shows online on the software so this means its never been online its just showing the lead connected!

Yeah, then it's being misreported and indicates either a driver issue or incorrect USB cable (as you know they are specific to the Greddy (and some mobile phone communication kits))