The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero N/A T Complete

Davey001

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All sorted new turbo fitted, working as it should!!! All I need now is a good source for my bov as it's not working correctly where I have it plumbed in to. Anyone got any ideas??? Check out the pic In the previous post to see where I have it connected to at the moment . It seems to be working the opposite way to which it should. Good to be back up and running tho!

Everythings fitted, only couple of problems to work on, cant get the map onto my emanage just showing a connection error everytime i try to change a setting or load the map on. Its all lighting up and shows connected on the laptop but for some reason wont let me change anything! And the Bov source havent found a good soure, dont wana start cutting into diffrent pipes untill I know for sure which is best. So if anyones got an idea let me know! Apart from that it fires up and idles like a dream NO SMOKE!!! Turbo spools! Just need this map on so I can take it for a run! Thanks for asking anyway! I honestly cant beleive its all worked, not as much as a headache as I thought.

Can anyone confirm these emanage setings for a N/A T? Not sure if these are correct?

Front settings 740 & the rest zero's

Internal :

JP1 = IGNITION OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

JP2 = IGNITION OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

JP3 = VTEC OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

JP4 = VTEC OPTION [DEFAULT OPEN]

JP5 = SUB-INJECTOR A [DEFAULT OPEN]

JP6 = SUB-INJECTOR B [DEFAULT OPEN]

JP7 = VTEC OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

Can anyone confirm these emanage setings for a N/A T? Not sure if these are correct?

Front settings 740 & the rest zero's

Internal :

JP1 = IGNITION OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

JP2 = IGNITION OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

JP3 = VTEC OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

JP4 = VTEC OPTION [DEFAULT OPEN]

JP5 = SUB-INJECTOR A [DEFAULT OPEN]

JP6 = SUB-INJECTOR B [DEFAULT OPEN]

JP7 = VTEC OPTION [DEFAULT 1-2]

Can anyone confirm these settings are correct? Cant connect to my emanage and dont understand why! Just saying connection error check connection!

It's been years since I used an EMB, but first thoughts are to verify you have the correct software for the firmware on the unit.

Do you know the firmware version on the EMB?

Shame the mohdparts site doesn't exist anymore...

Edit - which cable are you using to connect? Is it a genuine greddy one?

Also, after searching a bit, have a read here of Tricky Ricky's and Ian C's posts further down the thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=162619

Now, this is a for a TT, so not sure what is different on the NA, but Ricky said:

Blue switch settings: 740

Jumpers:

1=1-2

2=2-3

3=1-2

4=2-3

5 and 6 off (open)

7=1-2

Iam not of the firmware on the emb but ive started with 1.20 that didnt work so i updated it to 1.49 and that still doesnt work. Is there anyway of reseting the unit? Getting really pissed of with it now! Been on weeks now trying to get it sorted and still nothing! All this work and it cant run because of a connection error!

If you have a solid connection you can re-flash the unit to the latest firmware. There's an option in the greddy software to do that, but I'd try and get the basics convered first.

Did you verify the jumper settings above? It looks like you have a couple of difference, mnaybe that's because of it being an NA, I'm not sure...

Bits pers sec 9600

data bits 8

parity none

stop bits. 1

flow control none

that ok?

Try setting it like this.

Bits per second - 19200

Data bits - 8

Parity - None

Stop Bits - 1

Flow Control - None

Also force it to be Comm port 1. Which is under port settings >advanced, then change to COM1.

These settings have always worked for me with the USB to Serial adaptors.

Just make sure in the Emanage software you also select com port1. And always plug the USB into the same port on the laptop to make sure you always get COM Port1.

:)

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

Its been a while since i played with the Emanage Software, when connecting can you choose what baud rate to connect at?

If so select 9600. But leave the USB set to 19200.

You can't change it, set to 9600 and frozen at that! Tried all the baud rates and they all say the same. It's crazy why can't the lead just plug in and work!